Trying to convince myself I have 1500 quid to spend, but...

richie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Allihies again.. but off to Asia soon....
Which bike should I or could I buy....

The list

VFR750... All time classic bike, second best bike ever built,,, After the GS1100
TRX 850... Always liked them, never ridden one...
Dominator 650... Great bike around here if a little heavy off road
DR400... Great bike according to Snoopy et others, and lighter than above.

Or maybe save another 500 and get a varadero thingy. Not as nice as a GS but shite for the price a 1999 goes for what the hell.

Opinions please...

Really fancy a bike again, but it would purely be for pleasure. And I have never ever owned a bike purely for pleasure. Hard to justify it and thats just to myself...

I'd love another VFR750. It's the only bike I would consider buying again.

I've ridden the TRX (owned a TDM for 5 years) and it's a very under-rated bike.

But if I had some spare dosh, I'd buy a DR350 or DZR400.

Attachments

• oldie.jpg
    oldie.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 377
Everyone on this forum is trying to buy a DRZ :D - I had two PM me yesterday about them.

Nobody buys a DRZ and regrets it. :thumb

IMG_1553.jpg

Everyone on this forum is trying to buy a DRZ :D - I had two PM me yesterday about them.

Nobody buys a DRZ and regrets it. :thumb

IMG_1553.jpg

IM NOT ;)
asssss is to big:eek::D
and i would'nt fit in that gap:augie
ps,paint the bleedy tank/panels

i had a TRX850 for a while...very underated bike :thumb2

get a go on one you will love it

keep and eye on the oil level as they dont hold much between MIN-MAX on the sight glass and they ALL use about 1 liter every 600/1000 miles (depending how heavy you are on the right wrist),perfectly normal according to Yamaha techy (all the 5 valve per cyl yamaha engines use oil)

:thumb2

On your roads I'd say the two sport-road derivatives would be bloody hard work and you'd certainly be given a few years old original suspension a work out! I've still no idea what pleasure Ferg could derive from his Aprillia in South West Ireland (well actually I can for about 30 minutes at a time!).

DR-Z great second bike but lacks the legs (well your arse will!!) and only a serious consideration if the off-road element is greater than 30% of its intended use.

Living where you live I'd go for a middleweight dual sport all day long :thumb

Dommie then, not really in the mood for a transalp or KLE 500 always hated them.

A good choice - just watch the original 1 into 2 silencer, they rot from them inside and are costly to replace. There are alternatives but those I've seen are 1 into 1's and don't look nearly as good.

The gold rims are lovely too :D

Go the TRX. Still sad I had to trade mine on the GS. Brilliant note from that engine with a set of pipes, handles well enough to frighten sports bikes in the twisties, and will rev off the tacho if you are not careful. Mine never used oil and there was a fix for that that revolved around the countershaft seal installation. Has more character than all the other Jap bikes put together... :thumb

TRX850 :thumb2
Not had one but I had a TDM for 6yrs and that engine is a peach with it's 270degree firing. A very wholesome experience.
Don't get the VFR, it's like driving a mondeo! :hide

Which bike should I or could I buy....

The list

VFR750... All time classic bike, second best bike ever built,,, After the GS1100
TRX 850... Always liked them, never ridden one...
Dominator 650... Great bike around here if a little heavy off road
DR400... Great bike according to Snoopy et others, and lighter than above.

Or maybe save another 500 and get a varadero thingy. Not as nice as a GS but shite for the price a 1999 goes for what the hell.

Opinions please...

Really fancy a bike again, but it would purely be for pleasure. And I have never ever owned a bike purely for pleasure. Hard to justify it and thats just to myself...

or how about a 1998 dr650 for £1100 with 12 months mot - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/suzuki-dr650-...oryZ9808QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i just bought the 17 in wheels off him to put on my dr350, lmk if u want his number.

Back
Top Bottom