PDA

View Full Version : GS wanted

Liampk
24-08-07, 22:15
Hello
I'm planning a trip to ibiza overland with my brother and a mate who both have old gs's which they used on a trip to oz a few years back. I currently own a buell firebolt but can't afford the orthopeadic bills when I get back from the trip. Bearing that in mind I'm after a gs for up to 3K - I need the bike pretty sharpish as we go in about 3 weeks. Hard luggage would be good but not critical. Any advice, or if someone has a spare bike lurking in the garage they need rid of woud be great.
Thanks.
Liam.

TaffyScouser
24-08-07, 22:24
Airhead, oilhead, ADV etc. what you looking for?

Liampk
25-08-07, 14:50
Erm, airhead aren't they blonde?! Heard of pan head and shovel head but guess thats wrong manufacturer! Seriously, haven't got a clue. Want a bike thats going to be comfy (two up) and reliable and will do 3k miles without being a worry. An aquaintance has a three year old gs and won't have anything else and has put some serious miles on it. I can't afford that much so whats best to go for for 3k?
Any help is great - thanks.
Liam.

garfield
25-08-07, 17:42
Hello
I'm planning a trip to ibiza overland with my brother and a mate who both have old gs's which they used on a trip to oz a few years back. I currently own a buell firebolt but can't afford the orthopeadic bills when I get back from the trip. Bearing that in mind I'm after a gs for up to 3K - I need the bike pretty sharpish as we go in about 3 weeks. Hard luggage would be good but not critical. Any advice, or if someone has a spare bike lurking in the garage they need rid of woud be great.
Thanks.
Liam.

welcome to the site, good luck with finding the bike you want :thumb