Broken Seat Release - What do I do??

Lugs

Reaction score
I was trying to take the seat off and the little star shaped device seems to have siezed. Anyway, while I tried to turn it the bloody key stripped. I cannot get a Torx in to get a good purchase on it as there is a silly peg in the middle.

Any ideas??:confused:

I was trying to take the seat off and the little star shaped device seems to have siezed. Anyway, while I tried to turn it the bloody key stripped. I cannot get a Torx in to get a good purchase on it as there is a silly peg in the middle.

grab it with a needle nose vise grip and replace it with the TT piece

Gripped. Turned. Off!

Thanks for the idea.:clap

I lost that poxy key and the bastards here want 20 quid for a new one........

What would you normaly do if a bolt was a paine in the arse ! dril it aut and replace withe some thing cnveinter M8 or M 10 what ever fits
good luck

Be carefull of the Touratech quick release one , i bought one and it would come undone while i was riding..........no fun off road:eek I went back to the stock one.

Be carefull of the Touratech quick release one , i bought one and it would come undone while i was riding..........no fun off road:eek I went back to the stock one.
The original bolt has graphite (or summat) inserts to stop it undoing. On any replacement just use a spring washer instead - never had mine come undone since I started using one.

just unscrew one of the many screws around the tank plastic shaped bits or the wheel arch put them into the where the seat blot was fits a treat and bit of gaffa holds the tank thingy on nicely.

You can now afford to loose another 6 bolts before things get more complex....

Back
Top Bottom