Importing a harley from USA

speedo

Reaction score
Has anyone imported a harley from the US there seems to be good value over there compared to Ireland or the uk.Any advice on shipping etc customs and the like as I am thinking off buying a fatboy:aidan

No problem at all. But you will have to pay vrt + duty + customs duty :eek::eek:. As well as that they charge you vat on the "shipping" cost ! But even after all that it can still sometimes be cheaper. Have you looked at the UK at all ? I normally wait till the darkest part of the winter :D:D to buy my imports (bought an E30 convertible) last november :D. Prices can be lower then and only vrt to pay. Also Harleys can be dearer in the USA than in UK....... I've not been able to figure that one out but it could be down to the yanks value on homegrown product. Good luck with the buy and enjoy the fat boy.

Might be worth e mailing the manager at San Jose Harley Davidson.

I spoke to him last week and he sends lots of bikes to Europe.

He mentioned delivering to San Francisco then $480 shipping.

he had Sportsters from $7000 and the most expensive standard bike I could see was $18350

Has anyone imported a harley from the US there seems to be good value over there compared to Ireland or the uk.Any advice on shipping etc customs and the like as I am thinking off buying a fatboy:aidan

are you goin to achill on it next year :eek if you are im goin to sturgis on the gs :D

Back
Top Bottom