SHORT ARSE ON A 1200GS ADVENTURE

ROGER JONES

HAVE A 2004 1200GS AND WOULD LOVE THE ADVENTURE. PROBLEM IS WITH
ONLY A 29" INSIDE LEG I WILL NEED A SOAP BOX TO CARRY. TRIED THE
STANDARD GS LOW SEAT BUT AFTER 25 MILES HAD A SORE ARSE.
ANYONE OUT THERE OVERCOME THIS PROBLEM.

Hi Roger.
I got an 30" inside leg and manage reasonably well with my 12 Adv.
It has all the pre-load wound off, front and rear, and the seat on 'low' setting.
Some of the after-market suspension units available will enable you to reduce ride height due to adjustable spring collets/pans.
Regards.
Timpo.
ps. You've got your 'Caps Lock' on, but there is no need to shout on here, so they say.............:augie

Hi, take a look at this thread. I also bought the m star boots and went from
5"10 to just under 6ft!!:eek:

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114121

PS. Forgot to say at the time they only did them upto a size 9. Got them from here for just under £170 posted.

http://shop3.webmailer.de/cgi-bin/e...31900033ce92718ac172c270617+EN/catalogs/34311

Welcome to the collective. :thumb

The seat height of the 1200GSA has been altered by fitting after market shocks from the 1200GS which lower the ride height sufficiently.

New set of booties for sir :augie

Attachments

• FW99.jpg
    FW99.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 331
wilbers make a difference however I'm only a shorty and ride my 1150 set medium and after being on the HP it makes the GSA feels well low.

short legs

G'day Roger, Wunderlich make a low seat (vario ergo) ........er i think its supposed to be lower than the BMW low seat.

I dont have a problem myself but i notice my mate Natstser always seems to use his side stand...suppose you could get someone to fabricate a set of retracting training wheels! Cheeers Geoff:blast

welcome to the site Roger Jones.....I ride a GSA so as well as lots of mechanical type things to get yourself on the GSA....you could just buy big boots :augie (I have a 31 inch inside leg - so not that tall :D)

anyway hope you enjoy the site....happy biking :thumb

Welcome to the site

I'm 5'8" and ride an '07 GSA. I bought it secondhand and the original owner had had approx 25mm shaved from the seat. I've got the M Star bots, which are very comfy. Nevertheless there's no getting away from the fact that it's a bloody tall bike and people of 5'8" or so are at a disadvantage.

As you already have a GS you'll be ued to the gearbox that wouldn't be out of place in a vintage Massey Ferguson....

touratech do a extra low seat...............which i can say is really comfy as i have one...............and wilbers shocks can lower your bike up to 5cm.......

G'day Roger, Wunderlich make a low seat (vario ergo) ........er i think its supposed to be lower than the BMW low seat.

It is, lower that is and more comfortable as well :)

Attachments

• Low Ergo (3).JPG
    Low Ergo (3).JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 244
Wunderlich quote the following for their height comparison's:

"LowERGO" >810 - 840 mm
"VarioERGO" >830 - 860 mm
Original "low" BMW seat >820 mm
Original "normal" BMW seat >840 - 860 mm

They also mention that all seats can be height adjusted (3 positions)

The BMW low seat is bloody painful after 50 miles so I ride it everywhere with an Airhawk fitted :thumb

5ft 6 on a good day, 29 inch inside leg, partial to doughnuts :D

The BMW low seat is bloody painful after 50 miles so I ride it everywhere with an Airhawk fitted :thumb

5ft 6 on a good day, 29 inch inside leg, partial to doughnuts :D

just an update....just did a 1000km trip in a day on the BMW low seat for the GSA....not bad at all.....it's all about technique.....standing up from time to time when you're riding seems to help as well as humping the petrol tank :eek:

Hi, take a look at this thread. I also bought the m star boots and went from
5"10 to just under 6ft!!:eek:

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114121

PS. Forgot to say at the time they only did them upto a size 9. Got them from here for just under £170 posted.

http://shop3.webmailer.de/cgi-bin/e...31900033ce92718ac172c270617+EN/catalogs/34311

Daytona will also custom make anything you ask for - you've just got to be careful what you do ask for!

Custom boots cost a little bit more, but Daytona are really good boots!

these should give u a couple of inches.....

Attachments

• bike boots.jpg
    bike boots.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 59

Back
Top Bottom