Is my Quest, bollixed?

Schwarz Baron

Reaction score
Switch on device;

On comes the Welcome message.

On comes the Acquiring Satellites screen, and the Drawing message.

Then nothing, it seems to lock on the screen. It won't respond to the menu button, or any other button I press, even the on/off, takes a few seconds to acknowledge.

Put it on the charger thinking the battery was flat, but again after 30 mins charging, no difference!

I guess I'm back to reading maps for my trip to Killarney tomorrow!:mad:

Try pressing the power button and the zoom in button at the same time, this should do the trick

Just a thought, does the Quest have a memory card that it might be trying to read? If so, try booting without it.

Oh well, it seemed like a good idea at the time :mmmm

Does it have a set of maps installed ?

yip it had last night when I uploaded a route! It will barely react to the reset, the screen just fades away, not just like a straight switch off. None of the other buttons will respond at all!

The only possible thing I can think of, is that the battery has totally run down, but I would have thought it would not have powered up in the first place. If it's not that I think it's junk!

It's a Quest 1 and I've had It 2 years, I did buy it for it's reliability record, doh! this is the first ever glitch. Though I'm starting to feel a bit disappointed. If I new Garmin would exchange it for a zumo, I'd send it back right away.

When you connect to the mains charger or place it in a cradle on your motor is the charging symbol displayed to show its taking a charge ?? the unit can be turned off for this.

Dave

Edit : forget that I can see you have charged it.

I have it connected to the mains now, and it's showing 'charging'. Although I would have thought powering it up now would have just switched on straight away, had it been a flat battery!:nenau

Try the tips on this page.

http://www.elsinga.net/quest-first-aid.html

I had the same problem with mine after uploading a route. I think some of the data may have been corrupted and the quest couldn't handle it.

:thumb

Hommes, I want your babies,:bow, corrupted data it was. 2mins fixed it with the online instructions.

Cheers man, this site is tremendous, thanks to all that replied, I can now put my papermap back in my tankbag!

Shortfoot note, Warning! I received the routes I uploaded via e-mail

Phoar that was close!:D

:hapybnce::hapybnce::hapybnce:

Back
Top Bottom