Started smoking again!

Hew

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I guess I'm going straight to the back of the class in future as I've just got a Honda CRM 250 stroker.
Despite having a few jobs to still to do on it I just had to take it along some lanes just to get a feel of what it is like.
I'm glad to say that I am reasonably impressed with it and it is good enough to get me to the sort of speed that is going to hurt when I come off.
For some reason riding this two stroke makes me feel like a naughty teenager.:bounce1

Attachments

• A CRM.jpg
    A CRM.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 204
I had a shot on one about 8 years ago, amazed at the power output...:eek: :thumb2

I had a shot on one about 8 years ago, amazed at the power output...:eek: :thumb2

I have no doubt that they are nowhere near as good or as fast as the latest enduro tackle but then neither am I anywhere close to being an enduro rider.
I have found that, as I am gaining experience, I am not falling off as much but I am falling harder when I do.
First lesson today was that even a two stroke is hard to kickstart when the kill switch is off:eek:
Back on the KLX tomorrow for a TRF ride:roll

Rode a mate's 200 Gasser the other day, there is definately something about a smoker that brings out the worst in me! :D Enjoy it Hew, very capable tool. :thumb
Mark

Oh feck me...............................:blast

Timpo.

Yes but you haven't heard the sound with the expansion chamber and silencer, its like having the crazy frog record playing all the time.:D
I know, I have to ride at the back from now on:(

Rode a mate's 200 Gasser the other day, there is definately something about a smoker that brings out the worst in me! :D Enjoy it Hew, very capable tool. :thumb
Mark

One surprise I have had is how well it handles on the road even with full knobblies on. Those gassers certainly seem to be a lot of bike for the money but I get the feeling that the jury is still out on reliability. I was almost tempted by a 300:green gri but I realised that it was wrong for me:confused:

Anyway What oil should I use:augie

seems like there's a stroker revival, what with Rick's new toy:clap

Stinkers

Hew,

Looking forward to smoking Timpo on the next ride!

(ps. Welcome back Tim!)

Cheers, Rick.

Welcome back Tim.( you won't hear any jokes about a bus pass from me;))
The KLX is a bit jealous and threw me off, sticking its footpeg in my calf. I had just been explaining that I was no longer having problems riding ruts.
Yes you can guess 2 lanes later:eek:. Fork me its sore today.
A few bits and pieces to do on the CRM and build up a bit of confidence in its reliability then it'll be all systems go.
How are you getting on with the 300 Rick?

Smoker

Hew,

Love the 300, a real animal but such great fun to ride - as you said in your post, makes you feel like a teenager again ( a hooligan teenager that is!).

Main problem is it's thirst and that I can't seem to be able to ride it slow - it's so addictive to twist that throttle and see what happens next - never the same each time but allways interesting! :D

Look forward to comparing it with your 250.

Cheers, Rick

seems like there's a stroker revival, what with Rick's new toy:clap

I've a new stroker in the stable - brought to improve my offroad skills and be usable by my son, daughter and I.

I'm lucky to have a practice ground near me and this little 125 gets handed from one rider to the next a performs a great job.

Attachments

• gasgas.jpg
    gasgas.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 115
Wreford,your practice ground looks very similar to the Roman ruins I visited at St. Albans. What a great way to spend time with your kids:thumb2

I'm glad your having fun on the 300 Rick. They have a wicked reputation.
How many miles to the tank full does it do?

Go on Tim you know that you want a smoker too:cool:

Back
Top Bottom