Here's one that I bet hasn't been asked here before...

LiquidLAN

Reaction score
Following on from this thread

Can anyone recommend to me the best way to dispose of ammunition that you dig up in your garden?

I think it may be blanks as the ends of the shells have been crimped over - but we dug up half a dozen rounds from a machine gun belt yesterday and I'm guessing "chunk them in the bin" is the wrong approach...???

Off the search the Internet or call the local bobby... not sure which

lol... dont think we need RLC Bomb Disposal just yet :D

CALLING ELF AN' SAFETY - CALLING ELF AN' SAFETY!!!!!

There's a non-event for you to make a huge fuss about - come and cordon-off Lan's house, evacuate the area and fill in risk assessment forms until Christmas!! :D

Sounds exciting - didn't get the gun too, did you?

Local tip in the metal recycling :nenau

Bonfire? :nenau

:D

na, no gun yet, but I'm going to keep digging :D

think it could be a big one it I find it as these shells (think thats the right term) are on a belt...

probably some kids toy - who knows...

I do remember a report in the news years back when Space 1999 was on and you could buy model Eagles someone found one of the little toy nuclear containers in their garden and caused a small incident :D

hope they dont take my spud gun :eek:

ammunition can/should be taken to the local police station and left with no questions asked for safe disposal... I believe!

Following on from this thread

Can anyone recommend to me the best way to dispose of ammunition that you dig up in your garden?

I think it may be blanks as the ends of the shells have been crimped over - but we dug up half a dozen rounds from a machine gun belt yesterday and I'm guessing "chunk them in the bin" is the wrong approach...???

Off the search the Internet or call the local bobby... not sure which

lol... dont think we need RLC Bomb Disposal just yet :D

There are a few arms and ammunition dumps here in Ireland, you could try one of those :hide

well that was a non-event... just spoke to Wilts Police and got told to take it in to the local cop shop on Monday (its not open until then :) )

more digging for now then :aidan

the rozzers will take it but ask questions even if they say it's all on the QT. I use to have a mate who's an RFD registered firearms dealer thye can take it to dispose cos they's deemed sensible.

Or you can soak the lot in oil engine oil or WD 40 it'll dislove the Nitroglycerin in the primers and so render it usless. However it will still look live and so the bussies will still want to dig up your garden and ask a load a questions.

best of luck

the rozzers will take it but ask questions even if they say it's all on the QT. I use to have a mate who's an RFD registered firearms dealer thye can take it to dispose cos they's deemed sensible.

Or you can soak the lot in oil engine oil or WD 40 it'll dislove the Nitroglycerin in the primers and so render it usless. However it will still look live and so the bussies will still want to dig up your garden and ask a load a questions.

best of luck

Excellent - so you mean I can get someone else to weed the borders then???

Result!!!

Yup gives'em somat to do instead of hiding in the cop shop too affraid to come out! They earn abit of overtime in the process while keeping yer garden tidy and doing regular keep fit so it's all good.

Chuck them over the fence into next door's fishpond .......job done.

SteveBC.

the bussies will still want to dig up your garden and ask a load a questions.

Send them to me, send them to me! :bounce1
I thought it was only if you found human remains they'd come and dig it over. I've been hoping to find a bone, but this could be a more acceptable answer! :D :mcgun

easily coverded all you got to say it smells right bad (Like rotten meat!), old kitchen knife and some rounds of ammo and you've got a ganglland arms dump to deal with.

Few empty bottles of bleach and a handful of fury-titilizer and it's All-a Quid-a or whatever them lot is called.

Bucket and spade bridage will be round in a flash.

Back
Top Bottom