Passed my CBT :)

Zafira

Reaction score
Hiya
I joined this forum not long ago introducing myself here...
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117411

thanks for the welcome by the way :)

Just thought i'd let you know that i passed my CBT :)
Didnt pass on the first day- prob too much to take in ,but went back for another road ride with the instructor at Camrider- and he said i looked comfortable and more confident -so he passed me :)

The CBT day and return was great tho- really enjoyed it and learned alot

Have decided to go for the Direct access prob in Oct/Nov somewhen :D

Picked myself up a cheap 125 trials bike to get a bit of practise on- although didnt check it over when i got it- just really excited to be getting one:blast

Anyway its only a chinese import one of those sky jet ones- and my brother in law who has a lot of bikes took a look at it and said he could sort it out for me
Basically it runs but wont idle- so my BIL is going to strip it down thinks its prob just a bit of sh*t in the Carb- well i hope so- he said cant be much more than that as it practically new

So hopefully by week after next i will be out riding getting some practise -ready to put in for the Direct access:D

Still wish i'd done it yrs ago tho- riding a bike is great fun :D

will update you all on any more progress when it happens :)

Great forum here tho- very interesting and fun:thumb

Denise

Now all you have to do Denise is pass your full test within 7 weeks and get an R1200GS like I did... Welcome to the site :D

I took myself off to do a CBT without telling my family I was doing it, in case I was rubbish, I wouldn't then have the feeling of failure compounded by my Dad and brother telling me how easy it is (both already bikers).

welcome to the site, hope you enjoy

congrats on passing your CBT, hope you will come back and tell us all about the next bit :thumb

:D

Zafira thats brilliant news, well done you :clap

One step closer ..... :thumb2

Thanks Neverrodebefore,flipfly and garfield :)

I did think about not telling anyone and must admit i felt gutted not passing it on the first day..
Think i'd got confused as at the initial training they said about braking with the rear brake and then on the road ride was told don't use rear brake to slow down or stop use the front brake:nenau- the rear brake is for going round corners and u-turns etc- perhaps they should have explained things more better on the first day!:rolleyes:

cant wait to hopefully get my 125 running properly and some practice in b4 i take the lessons up to the Direct Access:).. just so i remember what i'm doing lol
(need to get the hang of stopping with front brake and the changing down of gears a bit better:D)
And yes i will be back or around to tell you of my further progress:D

If i don't pass it first time i will keep trying (i don't give up easily!)as i do want to get a bigger bike maybe not a 1200 tho?:D(wouldnt it be too heavy for me?:D)

Denise

There are a couple of lady R1200GS riders on this here site, so size 'unfortunately' :augie is relative.

I intended going to try an F650GS or Dakar, but sat on an 1150 (which I thought was heavy) and then the 1200 which wasn't quite so heavy as the 1150. A lot of it is confidence and the way the bikes 'carry' there weight at standstill.

My brothers zzr600 felt tremendously heavy to me, but he wasn't happy trying an 1150 :nenau.

Money matters have finally caught up with me (it was good while it lasted) so the GS is going to have to go... but hopefully I'm going to get either a Yamaha 650XT or the new Tenere version. Seems a shame to let all the expense of learning and buying jackets, trousers, helmets and boots go to waste.

I've still got my Honda CLR 125 Cityfly that I bought for a bit of practice... and to be honest I rode out on it a few weeks ago, and whilst I felt 'overdressed' with my HG suit and TourX helmet, the bike was very nimble...just very slow :D

yes, i imagine the 125 does seem 'slow' after bigger bikes:D

and i suppose its what you feel comfortable riding too:)

whatever the size:D

No doubt i will have much fun deciding on what to get once i pass my test:D

shame money matters have to make you get rid of things you dont want to :(

Denise,

Took me a day and a half too!?! No point in rushing....need to stay safe!

Good luck with the Direct Access :thumb2

Cate

P.S. get plenty of practice with the slow stuff.......and watch yourself when getting on the bike (dislocated my knee in the summer, just getting on my 650GS :()

Thanks Cate:)
Yes, i will get plenty of practise and also try and master the slow stuff:)

Dislocated knee?- ouch sounds painful !
Hope youre much better now

Only thing ive done so far is burnt my ankle on the exhaust getting on or off as pillion- hence now i've got some proper boots:D

Dislocated knee?- ouch sounds painful !
Hope youre much better now

It was :eek: :thedummy :tears :tears :tears

Getting better now (7 weeks ago) but nowhere near ready to get on the bike again (too damned chicken, amongst other things.... :eek:)

Denise Denise, (sorry,just having a blondie moment):augie
Passed my test earlier in the year with Camrider, there a great bunch. DA is deffo the way to go, tell Laurie that your getting a GS :thumb
Well Done on the CBT and Good Luck with the DA
Regards Tony:thumb2

Thanks Butler:)
And Hi Tony :)
It was Laurie that passed me on my CBT return:D
And i was actually telling him i was picking up a 125 trials bike to practise on and said i fancied having a go at the off-road thing maybe later on and said i may take the bike up to the 'water tower' near me where some people go on occasion-it belongs to anglian water
Laurie said no don't do that in case you get into trouble being on private land and hence started telling me of his off-road trips and where they were and what fun etc they were LOL(couldnt stop him chatting lol)
Also he said something about there were fewer places to off-road in the UK than there used to be , and said something about he was trying to set some off-roading thing in France where it was the 'in-thing' or common over there...

anyway Laurie was a nice guy(plus he passed me on the CBT lol)

And i am Def going for the Direct access- hopefully before the end of the yr- prob Nov time :)

Denise Denise (sorry, the tune is in my head now)
I was really lucky for mine, after waiting half an hour for the others to turn up late, we did the classroom bit and then down the pad for the round-the-cone-fun. Then the other two fessed up to not having their driving licences with them:blast So Laurie says "**** it lets take the 500`s" We had a quick two mins on the pad then off we went.:bounce1:bounce1 ,an afternoons one on one tuition on the 500.:clap

Ditto

I did think about not telling anyone and must admit i felt gutted not passing it on the first day..
Think i'd got confused as at the initial training they said about braking with the rear brake and then on the road ride was told don't use rear brake to slow down or stop use the front brake:nenau- the rear brake is for going round corners and u-turns etc- perhaps they should have explained things more better on the first day!:rolleyes:

You are not alone. My girlfriend recently passed her CBT :clap and i was interested in what you said above. She felt confused over the same issue and when discussing it with her that evening (they didnt complete the road phase on day 1 so had to return the morning after too) it sounded if there was really quite an issue with the instruction given. I said maybe she should clarify brake use the next morning which she did. It was a different instructor that morning and he was much better, cleared up all confusion was far more patient etc and she passed no problem.
Not sure what regulations these companies abide by or who checks them but it goes to show no matter how good a rider you are it takes a special person to pass that info on correctly.
Anyway congrats all round, happy, safe riding whatever you end up on.

Not sure what regulations these companies abide by or who checks them but it goes to show no matter how good a rider you are it takes a special person to pass that info on correctly.

Driving Standards Agency make and enforce the rules.

All CBT instructors need to be either downtrained by a qualified instructor or need to have passed a (two day :eek) exam at Cardington in order to teach. Knowing how to teach is part of the two day assessment so any qualified instructor *should* be up to the job. Some downtrained instructors *might* not be up to scratch yet. If in doubt ask :thumb

Lol Noddy made me:)- i think i was having a 'blondie' moment til i realised what you meant about my name:)(by the way Blondie's versionis a cover of the original by Randy and the Rainbows:)

Hi Russ-AFC, congrats to your Girlfriend too:)
And yes - i got explained too properly when i mentioned it by a different instructor -who seemed to clear it up for me:)

Hi Schiannini, i heard the instructors talking about their 'course' and it did 'sound' very hard- even so- the first instructors should have explained it better:)

Have now got my 125 running ok,apparently the probs were sparkplug gap not right,fuel mixture out and something about some oil thing wrong way round?
Anyway its running good enough for me to get some practice on:D
So next week i shall be getting used to it and trying to ride it properly and gain more confidence before i go in for the Direct access

hopefully i will have sussed the gears and braking better by the end of the week:D

I'm determined to not let it beat me LOL

Randy and the Rainbows:)

:nenau Ill ask my nan :augie

:D:D:D

As if by magic, the shop keeper appeared.......... Bit scary this but the very same day were are discussing them, an email arrived from Camrider with money off vouchers, £100 off the 6 session , £75 from the 5 and £50 from the 4 session, On a limited number -first come first served basis etc. Have you booked/paid ?? do you want me to forward onto you ??

Back
Top Bottom