KTM 950sm

big simp

Reaction score
Just wondered how many tossers own a 950sm as well as a GS on the forum, 850 miles on it now and a good few mods already sorted,EPC removed SAS removed, gearing changed, needles lifted, and going for a Rejet and dyno next week to sort the carbs.
steve

Attachments

• DSC02029.JPG
    DSC02029.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 1,561
I've had my 950SM for about 20 months. The only thing I've changed is the front sprocket to a 16T. Have you noticed much difference removing the emissions plumbing?
Paul

I've Had mine for 2 years,I have done the 16t front sprocket ,makes it easier round town. I love it ,makes mr feel good every outing!! Had the starter recall done so it doesnt clatter on start up now. Makes for a different type of bike to my GSA12 ,but both are good for the soul!!:thumb2

I've had my 950SM for about 20 months. The only thing I've changed is the front sprocket to a 16T. Have you noticed much difference removing the emissions plumbing?
Paul

Hi Paul
Yes as a matter of fact removing the EPC does help quite a lot, the bike is restricted in the first 3 gears only allowing 60% throttle openings, a company called Sommer KTM in germany sells 2 plastic caps for .90 euro to fit over the outlet on the carb tops to prevent the EPC doing its thing and it does work well.
The SAS is ugly with lots of pipes, so i just got KTM blanking plates and took the lot off.
With the AKRAS fitted its best to lift the carb needles a notch to No3 and this results in more instant pick up, lotfs the wheel a tad in 3rd now when on the GAS hard.
Steve

I've Had mine for 2 years,I have done the 16t front sprocket ,makes it easier round town. I love it ,makes mr feel good every outing!! Had the starter recall done so it doesnt clatter on start up now. Makes for a different type of bike to my GSA12 ,but both are good for the soul!!:thumb2

Hi Rob
Had my starter sprag done on the first service, wasnt fond off that clatter much so got it sorted.
Yes i agree the 2 bikes do good things but differently, but i have to settle myself with the 950sm sometimes when im out on it as it does tend to make you act the loon lots :augie
Steve

....and another lucky 950 SM owner here. I've had mine for just over a year now and just about to have the 4500 mile service done. I've fitted a Quill 3 exhaust, DNA filter, KTM crash bungs, Acerbis handguards and I've got a 16T front sprocket ready to fit. I haven't bothered messing with the jetting/needles/snorkel as the performance increase I got after fitting the exhaust and DNA filter was fantastic! I have to agree with big simp it does turn you into a loon at times. I love it to bits! :thumb2

Attachments

• sm (Small).JPG
    sm (Small).JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 1,015
...and another

ktm.JPG

'06 mit akras, bobbins, heated grips, gps, gel seat, etc etc....

My GS got tired and I really didn't like the 1200 so I got the 950...

Best bike evah! (till the next one ;) )

:D

-Rob

help?just picked up a 950sm today 06/1400miles,could any one let me know what mods should have been done,if done,also where can i get hold of a small screen.950/1150 owner.thanks.

I've got one too, had it for about 18 months now. Never considered selling it as it's a great bike to go for a blast on. I also have a Husaberg FS650, now thats a total hooligans bike !!!

Just seen the new SMR at the NEC in white Georgeous!! Dont chop your 950's in for a 990 yet I did and the fueling is bad and dangerous in the wet.Flogged it and got the 0GSA instead for now .Will get one again when they sort the EFI

Back
Top Bottom