locking/security screw

wedgie

Reaction score
hi all i have lost the little screw that locks the zumo into the ram mount
(it had been locked but vibrated loos and then went west):blast:blast
does anyone know where i can get a replacement from or does anyone know of an alternative?:rob
cheers wedgie

Must agree both my mate and myself have the replacement screw by ECM, well worth the money, unit very easily removed instead of that shit wee screw and nusiance driver. As far as deterent goes, if they want the unit that bad they could rip it from it's mount, I know what I'd prefer, but then again that's my opinion, cheers, :beer:

Small detail:

They are not by me, but from MBoelis (Marco). I just posted the original posting to help out Marco :)

Its a small world ECM :p

My 2 screws should here any day now:thumb2

I guess i will be seeing you on an GS NL/BE forum :D

NB: This replacement security screw is not an anti theft device but whilst the original Garmin screw requires a 'special tool' to undo it (in theory!) it would not stop a thief! Clearly the term 'security' is used in the sense of securing the GPS retaining clip so that your GPS unit cannot accidentally be released from the holder whilst your motorcycle is on the move.
The only way to prevent theft of your motorcycle GPS unit is to take it with you when your bike is left unattended! ;-)

My quote from here..............I liked them so much I bought the company......well not really but I did a promotion for them :D ......great item :thumb

Back
Top Bottom