URGENT!! Garmin Quest - Europe V9 killed mine!!!1 - Help

byattnb

Hi all

I have just installed Europe V9 DVD onto my Garmin Quest and now it's completely screwed. Maps won't copy onto the unit, but it tells me they have, there are tracks all over the place, and when travelling I am shown to be way off the roads, which aren't even the right roads.

I have tried completely reinstalling V6 and V7, but makes no difference.

Anyone else had this problem?? Any suggestions??

The worst of it is I am off to tour Scotland on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!

:spitfire

Have you got V9 selected in Mapsource, sorry if that's too obvious but I had similar problems going from 7 to 8 before realising this was the problem :eek:

There may be some useful info in this thread.

Good luck

Andres

Calm Down, Calm Down!

Could be worse you could be like me, and had to have done a hard reset, but it doesn't sound like it to me.

I've just done a total re-install after picking up some corrupted data, now that is a bollix!

Follow these steps, and you should be alright!

Delete V7 by the way you just don't need it. Just to be sure, remove V9 by using your add/ remove programs function on your control panel of your PC.

1. Follow the on screen instructions and reload V9.

2. Go to your drop down menu, and make sure you are showing V9 in that window.

3. Select your little yellow map selection tool, on the tool bar, selecting the maps you require turning them pink. (Make sure your device is connected and turned on at this stage).

4. Just to doubley make sure go to the left handside of your mapsource and make sure the map index is revealed at the side. Highlight and 'select all' the maps that you have chosen.

5. The last step is; go to the send to device tool, on the tool bar, and select. When the 'Finding Device' window appears make sure you have 'Maps' selected.

6. Then simply select 'Send', should take about 10-12 minutes!

ScreenshotV9.jpg

How do I reset to factory settings. I have tried fully re-installing each disk, and installing just V6 (my original version which needs to be installed to update from) and V9, but no joy.

I have reset using the 'power' and 'in' buttons but this hasn't worked.

I also used my net updater to update the software after installing V9 initially - could this be the problem??????

:beerjug:A BIG THANKS GUYS

I have done a factory re-set and all looks good. Just keeping my fingers crossed when I go home tonight and re-install V9 it all works ok

Thanks again

Neil

had exactly the same problem with my quest. rang garmin and they told me to perform master reset as described by tuned in link. seems ok now, fingers crossed.
:thumb

Back
Top Bottom