Charging HP2 battery

AndyT

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This may sound like a silly question but how can I charge my HP2 through the auxillary socket. When i switch off the ignition the socket stays activated for about 10 mins then isolates itself. The manual infers it will isolate itself when the battery is fully charged but it still isolates itself after about 10 mins?? I'm tempted to wire up a connector direct to the battery but again the manual says I can damage the can bus system if I do this... any thoughts!!:confused:

AndyT:thumb2

there's a specific sequence and you need the right charger

it's something like

connect the charger with the bike off

then turn the bike on let it set itself up do all the tests etc.

then plug in charger and all the pretty lights come on

then turn the bike off it does it's stuff

alternativly razzz it about once every couple a weeks and it's fine...

I stick mine on the optimate and have it directly wired to the battery, so far so good :nenau

If all the electrics is isolated surely if you have a lead running directly from the battery it should not interfere with the rest, the amount of voltage these trickle chargers put out is minimal to begin with any case :confused:

I stick mine on the optimate and have it directly wired to the battery, so far so good :nenau

If all the electrics is isolated surely if you have a lead running directly from the battery it should not interfere with the rest, the amount of voltage these trickle chargers put out is minimal to begin with any case :confused:

My thoughts exactly. The battery is always putting out 12Vdc even when switched off so connecting a trickle charger across it shouldn't make any difference.
Good call:thumb2

AndyT

Back
Top Bottom