Norway 2007 Travelogue

ebbo

Reaction score
I’ve finally finished the travelogue for our trip to Norway June this year.
http://www.ebbo.org/norway2007-01.php

omastranda.jpg

I’ve included Garmin tracklog & waypoint downloads, prices where possible and links to maps for all relevant pictures, hope you find it of some use.

That's a very comprehensive report there Ebbo. It's bound to be of interest to anyone heading up that way. Some stunning scenery up there too. :thumb2

Brilliant. I've just spent an hour looking through your website. Enjoyed the trip reports and now feel inspired.

Cheers.

Great !
That confirmed my decision to visit Norway next year again. :bounce1

weird - there was me thinking that it'll be Norway for 08 and I'd need to start looking for info :)

Thanks a lot for the link :thumb

Norway

Good job done hats of to that man!

Brought back many fond memorys of my trip in 1983 spent 3 weeks touring from Bergen up to the artic circle and making use of the various ferrys which cut out miles of riding[ wife was not keen with the idea of siting on the saddle for the day].

Brillant scenery, friendly people, great roads but.............expensive beer if i went again then i would take a bottle rum with me from here much cheaper!

Hope to go back one day

I will be riding to Nordkapp next year (May), so just bookmarking this to read at my leisure (look for tips)....thanks....:thumb

I’ve finally finished the travelogue for our trip to Norway June this year.
http://www.ebbo.org/norway2007-01.php

omastranda.jpg

I’ve included Garmin tracklog & waypoint downloads, prices where possible and links to maps for all relevant pictures, hope you find it of some use.

Just been online wtih DFDS ferries to look at booking for August 2008. They want £470 return. How did you manage such a good price?
Cheers:beer:
Bryn

Maybe its when your going Bryn, August, beyond that I don't know, I certainly didn't get any discount when I booked.

Excellent report However......

In the third photo down I'm the bloke wearing the braces http://www.ukgser.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif
:) We did 2000 miles in 7 days and enjoyed every minute. The best picture I took was Lesleys face just after she bought 2 bottles of coke... for a fiver... her face was a look of thunder....... took her up to Geranger the next day and she forgave me. She only cried once. on the Troll Steigen when we were 18 inches from the edge with a little concrete wall between us and a 1000 foot drop. All I said was "feck me! Look down there!" She cried all the way to the top. We will go back and do it again next year (third time for me)..... to the north cape :).

Excellent write up.... top maks for your write up bottom marks for letting the norway secret out.

In the third photo down I'm the bloke wearing the braces http://www.ukgser.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif
:) We did 2000 miles in 7 days and enjoyed every minute. The best picture I took was Lesleys face just after she bought 2 bottles of coke... for a fiver... her face was a look of thunder....... took her up to Geranger the next day and she forgave me. She only cried once. on the Troll Steigen when we were 18 inches from the edge with a little concrete wall between us and a 1000 foot drop. All I said was "feck me! Look down there!" She cried all the way to the top. We will go back and do it again next year (third time for me)..... to the north cape :).

Excellent write up.... top maks for your write up bottom marks for letting the norway secret out.
Ah! this picture Mike!
waiting_at_newcastle.jpg

Its a small world isn't it :)

£5 for two cokes...
:eek

Yep thats me :)

Saving like berggery for our next visit. 21 days touring Norway. No two days in the same place averaging 250 miles a day. Roll on next year!

Brilliant write up... brought back some memories of my solo trip in 2005..

I did see quite a few mobile speed traps on the more busy roads, and met a chap who'd got a big spot fine for being 5mph over the limit...

To be honest the scenery is so fantastic you rarely feel the need to push on...

I did see quite a few mobile speed traps on the more busy roads, and met a chap who'd got a big spot fine for being 5mph over the limit...
And we never saw one, but it does pay to be carefully (we were)
To be honest the scenery is so fantastic you rarely feel the need to push on...
And thats true too!

Back
Top Bottom