Ady Smith school.

mpjbiker

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all, has anyone used the Ady Smith school near eastbourne? I fancy a go at a bit of gentle off-roading on someone elses bike, and he is closest to me. I have no off-road experiance at all, so i don't want to buy a cheap trailie and find out I hate it! Are there many legal off-road tracks/trails in East Sussex?
Cheers, Martin.

Not been to the school, but have had reports from mates who say he is a top bloke and excellent teacher.
HTH
Mark

I met some lads at the weekend who had just finished course up here in Wales, they were still buzzing so i guess it was good.

I did an Ady Smith enduro school weekend about 4 years ago. It was brilliant. However, if you've only just started I'm not sure it is basic enough .We did some pretty scary stuff and I'd been green laning for a few years b4 I did this. Praps the BMW off road school might be a better bet, or the local TRF to get to a few local green lanes b4 you try an off road. Do your homework and speak to them b4 you book to make sure it is suitable.

Ady is an absolute top bloke. tho'.:thumb

I'll let you know :D

I'm booked onto an Ady Smith day at Eastbourne for a beginners course (can't remember official title, 'off-road experience' maybe?) in a couple of weeks. He answered all my questions about the course before booking, level of tuition, experience needed, etc, etc.

:beerjug:

Would that be on the 19/10?

If so my brother-in-law and I will be there as well.

No, I'm supposed to be going on the 12th but it might get moved to another Friday as Ady has had some no-shows on the deposits. I can't shuffle into the 19th session as that's already fully booked.

Have fun on your day :thumb2

I'm trying to get on the 12th course, but he only as two firm bookings so far-mine would make three, think he needs five to run the course. He's going to let me know by sunday-hope he can do it, as the other dates are not on for me.

Never been on the course but Ady is ace, a really top bloke. Don't let his lack of height fool ya, he's fast as fook. Whilst doing a Wirral off road a few years back Ady came past me (more than a few times :eek:). On one occassion all I saw were ferns moving, then Ady popped out and disappeared into the distance.

I know you've already been and done it but for a decent basic off road course i would thoroughly recommend I2I (google) training.I say it's basic but it taught me quite a lot(level 1) even though i'd been green laning with the 'faster/technical lads' for 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom