PDA

View Full Version : duff bike

GearCruncher
03-10-07, 20:02
hi guys,ive been following your forum advice for sometime and decided to buy a bm,i am dissappointed by the performance and handling.for a 1200 it is pretty gutless compared to my old bike,the handling is pretty poo aswell,maybe its the tyres? i know most of you will think its because im a female........but we can ride bikes aswell!!! :P

Timolgra
03-10-07, 20:07
Probably got your handbag caught in the wheel:eek::hide

Summer
03-10-07, 20:10
Gear cruncher, may I ask you what you used to ride, what was your old bike?
I find mine guttless compared to what I had before but that is simply because its in a totally different league but if I ride it right using the gears correctly it can still get a shifty on :thumb
I am sure the others here can give you some better advice since I am only a feeble female too :D

jabiru 400
03-10-07, 20:23
Hi Gearcruncher
As my fellow member said its a different riding style
I find mine plenty quick enough and it handles perfectly, I used to ride sports bikes and now would never return to riding them as the GS is a much better bike ( in my opinion )
If you are ever in the midlands would love to meet up and show you how quick they can be
I live near Donnington race circuit and have tracked day mine was fantastic

Decster
03-10-07, 20:52
..... it is pretty gutless

There are lots of Guts on this forum, most of them hanging over their pants.....:augie

JDH
03-10-07, 21:44
Unless there is some sort of problem with your bike, I would have to say that it's just a case of getting used to how different it is to any other bike. Gutless it ain't. Same as Jabiru, I've had loads of Sports Bikes and I can honestly say that in most circumstances I don't have a problem staying with my mates on their sportsbikes, in fact, the opposite is very often the case. The 1200 is a great bike, just give yourself time to get used to it,and I'm sure you will feel the same. Pm me your address, and I'll send you a copy of a vid I took earlier this year in Germany, just to prove the point.

JDH

Duchess
04-10-07, 07:18
hi guys,ive been following your forum advice for sometime and decided to buy a bm,i am dissappointed by the performance and handling.for a 1200 it is pretty gutless compared to my old bike,the handling is pretty poo aswell,maybe its the tyres? i know most of you will think its because im a female........but we can ride bikes aswell!!! :P

:troll3

I've just checked you out Gearcruncher ... :rolleyes: