BROADBAND VIRGIN SEEKS CHERRY POPPING

retroman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I know v.little about this new fangled internet oojamawotsit, but modem speak is too damn SLOW... want to upgrade to Broadband - which is the best service and how do I sign up?

Come on you computer geeks, GIVE IT TO ME, you know you want me to have it .....!!!

:D

I have a 600k connection with ntl annd find very reliable not to mention cheap.

if you go to there site it will tell you if your area is connected !

ming said:
I have a 600k connection with ntl annd find very reliable not to mention cheap.

if you go to there site it will tell you if your area is connected !

*ding*

NTL website

We share a 600K NTL cable connection between 5 people. Excellent value at a fiver each (£25) per month. They do a cheaper package for £18 a month whick would probably be fine if you just want to use one PC and do not need a lot of bandwidth for online games.

The local rep for NTL (he covers Roath anyway) is Mike 07971 434940. Send him a text message and he will phone you back. Dealing with him rather than going through the call centre meant we had it installed within 3 days at a convenient time as he knows the local fitters' work schedule.

The big advantage with cable is that you do not have to have a phone line. All of the other providers insist that you have a BT phone line. As I share a house with 4 other students this is a very good thing.

We've set up a wireless network - there's a separate thread on that here: wireless thread

If you want to come and have a look at our setup then email me. We live in Roath

How did I exist before I joined this club??

Blimey ... talk about getting the really important questions answered ...

Thanks Ming/Wess, all noted. Wessie, I'm moving to Cathays next week so I'll be in touch once the dust has settled.

:beerjug:

can you get cable where you live? if not you will have to try ADSL on BT phone line.

i wouldn't go with BT ADSL though. they're numpties.

cookie said:
can you get cable where you live? if not you will have to try ADSL on BT phone line.

i wouldn't go with BT ADSL though. they're numpties.

Yeah, NTL cable is available in Cathays where he is moving to.

Satellite Broadband???

anybody use or recommend sat provider.

No normal access to broadband in my area.

What about Home Highway from BT???????

Cheers

Gerry H.

Back
Top Bottom