Its arrived.

Noddy

Some sort of clique thing
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
:D:D:D:D:D

And I have a free weekend to nut and bolt and play and stuff. :thumb:thumb

Thanks Thunder, first class job of the packing. Bike looks unused.

More later. :D:D

Attachments

• PICT2362 (Small).JPG
    PICT2362 (Small).JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 435
  • PICT2361 (Small).JPG
    PICT2361 (Small).JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 434
Just love a relaxed time playing with a a new toy. bits to unpack, bits to take off, bits to put on, great. :D

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 368
Found the keys in their little hiding place, put some of Norfolks finest fuel in the tank, turn fuel on, pull out choke, put helmet and gloves on, climb on board, finally work out that the stand has to be down and the clutch pulled in to activate the starter :( Engine turns over very slowly twice then nothing. Flat battery. :D Take off helmet and gloves and put the kettle on.
Search for battery, locate then remove for charging. Whilst removing the battery discover that the rear tyre has made contact with the inside of the silencer. Must have been ridden two up as there is no way any one person could be that heavy. :D:D
Need to do a couple of Noddyfications here as there is a slightly wider tyre going on at the back end.

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 382
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 380
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 381
Whilst removing the battery discover that the rear tyre has made contact with the inside of the silencer. Must have been ridden two up as there is no way any one person could be that heavy. :D:D

Just remembered, Kyle gave it a run when the lowering links were fitted and he's more than one person. :augie

Got our share of more than one's over here as well ;)

Anyways, rear foot pegs and sidestand switch removed. Bit of bracketry made up to move the pipe up and out a fraction and a spacer put in between the silencer :)eek !!) and frame. Quick measure up and its looking good.

Attachments

• PICT2387 (Small).JPG
    PICT2387 (Small).JPG
    65 KB · Views: 360
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 362
Rear wheel out, not to bad, old tyre removed, easy. Wheel rim drilled for security bolt, easy. Fitting new rear tyre :mcgun What an absolute bustard. I have never struggled so hard to fit a tyre, probably took the best part of an hour. Even with copious amounts of soap they it fought back every inch of the way.They are Metzler 6 day extreme, a road legal knobblie, never heard of or used them before so time will tell. I was praying that I hadn't nipped the tube. Anyway back wheel in again and a nice gap betwwen tyre and can.

Attachments

• 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 357
Front wheel out and tyre changed in no time, as normal. Don't understand the rear :nenau Both tyres Glooped up and all is well.

Attachments

• 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 357
Battery back on, fuel on, choke out, hit starter, engine turns over and over and over but won't start. :( Scratch head, phone Roger to ask if he had disconnected anything and check starting procedure. Oh well off with the tank, out with the plug, smells petrolie, check for spark. All ok. Check all accesible wiring for bad connection. Check fuel flow from tank. All ok.
Tank back on, hit starter and it bursts instanly to life. Fantastic. :thumb

Seat and plastics refitted, helmet and gloves on, start up, great. Into gear and the engine stops. Try again same thing. :( Helmet and glovers off and kettle put on again. Link cable for sidestand switch made up and fitted then its all go. Quick spin down to a local lane for a run along the firm bit, great, loads of power, plenty of grip. This is going to be a great bike. Through some loose sand and some rutty bits, fantastic, can change ruts and steer the bike where I want to. Into some deep soft sand and it whips around and then throws me off. Ouch, that hurt but you have to :D Few scratches but no damage. WTH its bound to happen again.

Attachments

• 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 346
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 343
Snoops top tip, replace all bolts with stainless. Fitted items are Suzuki cheese steel.

Got a 160-180 mile Clarke Tank in blue for sale shortly if it's any use.

Shame it's the slowest colour!

:augie

Anyway, I'm here to tell you that changing the front tyres is a piece of p1ss.

However, changing the rear tyres is an absolute bar steward (and brand of tyre seems to make shag-all difference!)

:hammer

The essential mods are a decent (CRD) sump guard and case protectors for the generator and clutch covers. Perhaps add a case-save for the front sprocket.

After that, mods are largely down to choice and pocket.

Greg

Forgot to mention that you really ought to get a 2nd set of wheels as the DR-Z is a great road bike.

You're lucky, there's a really nice set of wheels for sale on eBay (Item No 270173123804) at the moment.

:D

Greg

Forgot to mention that you really ought to get a 2nd set of wheels as the DR-Z is a great road bike.

You're lucky, there's a really nice set of wheels for sale on eBay (Item No 270173123804) at the moment.

:D

Greg

Ahh but those excellent wheels are 21 / 18's, now if only they were Supamoto rims. :blast

Oh look I have a set the corner and no bike to fit them on. What shall I do with them? :augie:D

Oh look I have a set the corner and no bike to fit them on. What shall I do with them?

What, wheels that take super duper sticky wicky tear up tarmacie type tyres, that smoke when you scream out of tight turns on full throttle with just a hint of opposit lock and with both feet on the pegs ?

Back
Top Bottom