PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Dublin

Ropey
08-10-07, 15:41
Hi guys,

Just a quick hello.:aidan

Picked up my new(05 reg) baby Beemer 650GS at the weekend and lovin it, huge/good change from my previous Dragstar...:thumb2

Jr

Hatchet
08-10-07, 16:18
Welcome to the site Cruiser. :beerjug:

:aidan

Micky
08-10-07, 16:57
Welcome Cruiser... enjoy yourself here in the madhouse :thumb

A great 'bike you have...

:beerjug:

www.adventure.gs

V2 TRV
08-10-07, 17:07
good move :thumb

ciao

Trev

luke scott
08-10-07, 18:26
Welcome Cruiser. Where did you buy the 650 ?

Duchess
08-10-07, 19:18
Hi guys,

Just a quick hello.:aidan

Picked up my new(05 reg) baby Beemer 650GS at the weekend and lovin it, huge/good change from my previous Dragstar...:thumb2

Jr

Hello and welcome to the forum Cruiser :thumb2

So why the sudden change from the Dragstar ... what turned you ?

garfield
08-10-07, 20:00
welcome to the site Cruiser....hope you enjoy :D

Aidan1150
08-10-07, 20:09
Welcome Cruiser. :thumb2

Make sure you have a look in the Ireland section. There is usually something going on in there with events, rideouts etc. See you on the road. :moped:

Jockser
09-10-07, 10:02
Hello & welcome Cruiser :beerjug:

Glad you've "seen the light" :D

As Big Aidan says get yerself over to the Ireland section :thumb2

petcul
09-10-07, 14:58
Hello & welcome Cruiser :beerjug:

Glad you've "seen the light" :D

As Big Aidan says get yerself over to the Ireland section :thumb2

Don't do it Cruiser (welcome):rob:rob:rob They'll only lead you astray.:augie:augie:augie

I used to be a young innocent before they got hold of me:aidan:aidan

zico
09-10-07, 15:47
Welcome to the site Cruiser. Enjoy it!!!

Ropey
11-10-07, 17:38
Hiya guys,

Bought from JD BMW as trade in on the Drag... I loved the Dragstar to learn on but not very practical. Recent trip to Listowel only reinforced that with me so since then really had been lookin.. I'm mad on the styling of the 1200GS but as only a baby-biker with limited funds started looking at the 650 and more than happy. The somewhat clunky gearbox takes a bit of getting used to but every day gets better... :thumb2

I was havin a quick look at the EI pages and all good.

Hope to catch up soon.

Jr

GSless Girl
11-10-07, 17:56
Welcome, great to have another 650 gs'er in the big smoke ;)

Dunnerkk
13-10-07, 18:51
Welcome cruiser, had a 650gs back in 05, should never have sold it. Toured all around Ireland on it and even took her to France a few times. Enjoy.

Ropey
14-10-07, 20:35
Hi Dunnerkk,

Thats my plan, tour Ireland this year and next at every opportunity then Norway/Sweden next summer back through Malmo/Copenhagen and back to catch the ferry home from France...

Everyday I like it more, cept for Saturday when I dropped her in the Wicklow gap as lost my footing on gravel... No damage thankfully only bruised finger and ego....:blast

Jr

speedo
14-10-07, 20:39
Welcome cruiser great bike you got. I had one and sold it should have kept it.:aidan

garfield
14-10-07, 20:41
tour Norway

Everyday I like it more, cept for Saturday when I dropped her in the Wicklow gap as lost my footing on gravel... No damage thankfully only bruised finger and ego....:blast

Jr

I'm heading for Nordkapp next year, I'd never been to Norway before until this year and doing it on the GSA was awesome (Norway is awesome)....sure you'll have stacks of fun (the tie downs on the ferry are a bit of a pain :blast)

As for dropping it...haven't as yet but absolutely dreading it.....I'm like a hawk before I park up/stop making sure the ground is near to perfect :o

petcul
14-10-07, 21:07
:augie
I'm heading for Nordkapp next year, I'd never been to Norway before until this year and doing it on the GSA was awesome (Norway is awesome)....sure you'll have stacks of fun (the tie downs on the ferry are a bit of a pain :blast)

As for dropping it...haven't as yet but absolutely dreading it.....I'm like a hawk before I park up/stop making sure the ground is near to perfect :o

No reason to drop it in Norway but my best advise is to drop it now and get it over and done with:augie:augie

ravensdale100
23-10-07, 22:27
HI Cruiser and welcome,hopefully might meet in the future :thumb, at present looking forward to the "Way West" run to Mayo :bounce1. I'll keep an eye out for the dam grave:eek:l Cheers for now:beerjug: