Off Road From Bournemouth

BOB UK

Reaction score
Hi all it’s that time of year again got the knobbly tyres on the bike and get out there

Next off road run looks like being Saturday the 27th October if you are up for it let me know we have 3 so far

This will not be suitable for a GS unless of course you are an off road God

Bob

off road

Could I ask bob, where are you starting and whats the days riding plans, I and a mate may come along. If thats ok with you.

Hi
It looks like we might be tacking the bikes up on the back of my mates van on the Saturday morning but its not finalised yet one of the guys is away all week
The plan is to start from the Great Bustard pub http://www.durringtonwilts.co.uk/pubs/featured/bustard.htm

We hope to leave Bournemouth at about 08.00
And would just ride round on the plan for a few hours depending on the weather and when we have had enough and then home in time for tea

If you are up for it give me a call on 07968662852
Bob

We will be at the Bustard inn near Shrewton at about 09.30 for 10.00am so if you’re up for it see you there
Bob
:thumb

I am not an off-road God, but why is it not suitable for GS's?
Thought it was all tank tracks over there :) Was going to head off with a map and see what I could find (BOATwise) on Saturday but don't fancy picking the GS up by myself! :(

I am not an off-road God, but why is it not suitable for GS's?
Thought it was all tank tracks over there :) Was going to head off with a map and see what I could find (BOATwise) on Saturday but don't fancy picking the GS up by myself! :(

I`m also wishing to go on my GS, but worried about you guys going off route as the plain is my playground.

BOBUK plaese say your staying legal

I'm going on my GS Bakerman...

...see you there!

Spoke to BOB UK and he said it was just the route up from Bournemouth that was not suitable and as they were now trailering up - shouldn't be a problem.

I have just swapped the tanks on mine so I will see you there at 09:00 ish and we can help each other pick them up :)

Just off to get some petrol.

...see you there!

Spoke to BOB UK and he said it was just the route up from Bournemouth that was not suitable and as they were now trailering up - shouldn't be a problem.

I have just swapped the tanks on mine so I will see you there at 09:00 ish and we can help each other pick them up :)

Just off to get some petrol.

Don`t finish work till 9.00 and wont be there till 10.00

Met up with BOB UK and 4 others, I had Fletcher on the back, their faces were a picture.

Anyway we had a graet ride around and the guy in the photo has just snapped a pair of RANTHAL bars.

First time I have seen that :eek:

Attachments

• Dsnapped bars.JPG
    Dsnapped bars.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 252
One of the 4...

Didn't take too many pictures, but here are a few...

1. Bakerman demonstates balance and control. :bow
2. Nice puddles...
3. ...but a little wet.
4. My bike, as a GS should be, survived the day... :clap

Great day, can't wait for the next. Thanks BOB UK for making me welcome and BAKERMAN for showing us all some routes.

See you next time.

:beerjug:

Attachments

• salisbury_oct07 021_small.jpg
    salisbury_oct07 021_small.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 227
  • salisbury_oct07 002_small.jpg
    salisbury_oct07 002_small.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 217
  • salisbury_oct07 006_small.jpg
    salisbury_oct07 006_small.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 214
  • salisbury_oct07 016_small.jpg
    salisbury_oct07 016_small.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 248
the plains

Glad you enjoyed it Techno, we will give you a heads up for the next one, six is a good number to be riding with not to many IMO. I may even take my 1100 next time if the XR250 is out on loan to some one else.

It was nice to meet you and bakeman hope to see you both again soon.

I think you should take the 1100 anyway :)

Was it you or Bob who took the pictures?

Offroad from sunny bournemouth

Bob

This looks like a scream.
If you are going again on similar routes I'll bring my 1200.

:beerjug:

Thanks for the pix Bob,

So why did those two riders fall down in the background by the water shots ?

They cracked me up, but i enjoy stuff like so long as no one gets hurt :D

Dave

Hi Dave
Glad you liked the pictures
The ground up there has a lot of chalk in it and its OK in the dry but if you get it wet it offers no grip at all and if you are messing about with wet tyres like we was it can catch you out like it did :D

Also we are all crap off road riders!!!!!!!:tears

Back
Top Bottom