20-10-07, 19:15
Tim's bike threw a tyre after only 10 mile:(

Jockser had an off and hurt his shoulder.. and pulled out

Snoopy went off down a big slope into trees.. he's ok

Forry says he got 85 up some of the tracks:eek:

he's in full on hooligan mode:D

told me Timpo IanB and AR14 were flying too

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'm frightened and I thought about joining them next year once I'd bought a 'scrambler'

Uinneag
20-10-07, 19:17
Didn't know they liked rugby:nenau

Gaun yirsel Forry:clap:thumb

Wizard
20-10-07, 19:18
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'm frightened and I thought about joining them next year once I'd bought a lobotomy

Fixed it :D

Jealous? Moi? :augie

garfield
20-10-07, 19:26
Originally Posted by garfield

I'm frightened and I thought about joining them next year once I'd bought a lobotomy

Fixed it :D

Aidan1150
21-10-07, 00:38

:yikes :yikes :yikes

That's not good. :( At his age that could take quite some time to heal.

Forry says he got 85 up some of the tracks:eek:

he's in full on hooligan mode:D

Good man the Forry.

petcul
21-10-07, 08:10
:yikes :yikes :yikes

That's not good. :( At his age that could take quite some time to heal.

You're just trying to stir it up again between Mandylicious and Jockser.:augie:augie:augie

Good man the Forry.

Hats off to you Forry:thumb:thumb:thumb

Wreford Miles
21-10-07, 09:33
I could only race the first day as I'm ff on holiday with my children.

What I would like to say is I caught IanB and Forry on the sighting stages ;-) Airheads Rule OK

Can't wait to get back and check out the S1 and S2 timed stages...

Stage 1 was the fastest... not sure how fast as i had no speedo after a trailer rolling incedent on the drive down, a result of my pre race 'Red Mist' trainning

Hats of to Snoopy... Road tyres! only Snoopy !!!!

Fantastic venue the views where stunning

The White Rabbit
21-10-07, 15:12
Being a poor rider on too big a bike....it was like taking the really odd girl to the ball :blast...I'm back after 'retiring'* on lap one day 2.

News from today was one of the Irish posse (sorry forgot name) on the 12 Adv had a bigish off. I heard he's ok tho.
Timolgra has a new tyre on and was busy starting lap two when I left.
Forry was going well (and helped me a lot)
I think Snoopy had a puncture and time was running late for his second lap but I saw him head off on it.
DesertRat was taking it steady after an off at speed yesterday on his Rally 525
Usual suspects Timpo, IanB etc all doing fine.
Pumpy was going steady on the DRZ, and Possu seemed to be finding the right way to exit the specials today :augie

* I understand thats the terminology for giving up

TUNED IN.
21-10-07, 15:17
Being a poor rider on too big a bike....it was like taking the really odd girl to the ball :blast...I'm back after 'retiring'* on lap one day 2.

News from today was one of the Irish posse (sorry forgot name) on the 12 Adv had a bigish off. I heard he's ok tho.

* I understand thats the terminology for giving up

Padge....159 Paul O'Connell

or

bb1 167 Edin O'Heochaidh
or

162 Richard Southern maybe

Trippy
21-10-07, 15:21
1. Tim's bike threw a tyre after only 10 mile:(

2. Forry says he got 85 up some of the tracks:eek:

1. Bollocks

2. F*cking hell

The White Rabbit
21-10-07, 15:24
I'm not certain as I am awful with names, and then there's forum names too. Tall and big chap, dark hair, was riding in blue kit. He didnt work for BMW. HTH!

TUNED IN.
21-10-07, 15:29
I'm not certain as I am awful with names, and then there's forum names too.

Padge is a big stocky fella with black hair... that you say yes Sir too:)

The White Rabbit
21-10-07, 15:34
Padge is a big stocky fella with black hair... that you say yes Sir too:)

Sounds like it was. He is ok tho, I was told.

R2D2
21-10-07, 15:34
hope all are ok :bow not simple throwing them bikes around:clap:clap

rescue mission ?:nenau

Aidan1150
21-10-07, 21:39
I was talking to Jockser this afternoon and it was Padge who had an off today. Word was only filtering back at that stage, but it seems he is OK :thumb2 but the bike took a fair thump. :(

Pumpy
21-10-07, 22:08
Padge after being rescued from the finish to the start of the 1st Special Stage and handed over to the ambulance - still standing and attempting to smile...
http://possu.smugmug.com/photos/211077333-M.jpg

His bike
http://possu.smugmug.com/photos/211075708-M.jpg

The damage
http://possu.smugmug.com/photos/211076223-M.jpg

Get better soon, both of you! :thumb2

More pics and stories tomorrow...

TUNED IN.
21-10-07, 22:11
Oh... that looks like a bigun'.... and that's just Padge i'm on about:D

Hope he's OK....

Well done for giving a smile.... I wonder has he phoned the wife yet?:augie

Aidan1150
21-10-07, 22:24
Thanks for posting the pics there Pumpy. :clap:clap

Good to see Paul smiling but the bike looks a bit sore. :eek:

He's a feckin mentalist.

Timolgra
21-10-07, 22:48
Here's a couple of Forry's photos at the scene, just glad the big man bounced.

Timolgra
21-10-07, 22:49
A fast stage section and Bob Jefferies was soon on the scene.

TUNED IN.
21-10-07, 22:49
Here's a couple of Forry's photos at the scene, just glad the big man bounced.

good man Forry... take the pic then go looking for the rider:thumb2:D

Aidan1150
21-10-07, 22:50
23:48

Text from Jockser;

Paul and the bike were picked up by Mondiale and are now in Holyhead.

Sore back, wrist and ankle. :eek:

Heal soon Paul. :thumb2

TUNED IN.
21-10-07, 22:52
23:48

Text from Jockser;

Paul and the bike were picked up by Mondiale and are now in Holyhead.

Sore back, wrist and ankle. :eek:

Heal soon Paul. :thumb2
i here Jockser got himself a nice new sling too:augie

Aidan1150
21-10-07, 23:59
i here Jockser got himself a nice new sling too:augie

It's one thing to fall off at full race pace, but quite another when you dismount at a walking pace and knacker yerself. See me? I'm saying nothing. :augie

:hide

Wizard
22-10-07, 00:03
I heard the sling was his backup plan for when he realised he couldn't keep up :augie

I know, I know, I left out "it" :D

V2 TRV
22-10-07, 06:32
that looks rough :eek:

get well soon :thumb

the celt
22-10-07, 08:14
Paul mate hope your ok,
cant belıeve ıt you rıde off road all
year on tourance and ya put on TKC
and come off :eek:
good fotos but :D:D:D

hope you and the moto are
on the road soon

joe

Paul G (BHT)
22-10-07, 08:29
If you hear loud screaming from behind while you're on your side.. It'll be me outta control on the 12ADV.

I feel like giving a pre-emptive donation to the Air Ambulance.....
Bloody hell Paul talk about tempting fate :eek::D:D

The White Rabbit
22-10-07, 08:41
Bloody hell Paul talk about tempting fate :eek::D:D

He did pass me while I was down one time as well...I heard no screaming :D

rocks
22-10-07, 08:46
Padge.. hope your ok fella and the rest who took to the scenery too.
Photos dont look nice at all. Hats off to all who gave it a go on the big bikes mind.

AndyT
22-10-07, 10:16
I could only race the first day as I'm ff on holiday with my children.

What I would like to say is I caught IanB and Forry on the sighting stages ;-) Airheads Rule OK

Can't wait to get back and check out the S1 and S2 timed stages...

Stage 1 was the fastest... not sure how fast as i had no speedo after a trailer rolling incedent on the drive down, a result of my pre race 'Red Mist' trainning

Hats of to Snoopy... Road tyres! only Snoopy !!!!

Fantastic venue the views where stunning

SS1 was definately the fastest:thumb2 I caught Tim up (who set off 2 minutes ahead:augie) but had to nail it in top around 85mph to catch him on the gravel section and nearly didn't finish when I went completely sideways :eek:at the end where a mud section cambered off to the right hand side (silly me chose the right hand side:blast), that was definately my fastest stage, cant wait for the times.. I only went to finish it but it gets the competetive streak in everyone.

Have Fun

AndyT

The White Rabbit
22-10-07, 10:34
Any news of Snoopy? respect to him for riding down the night before the rally, keeping going into S2 on second day. Any news after that? I think he was riding back home.

TUNED IN.
22-10-07, 10:36
Forry said some guy gave him a lift

AndyT
22-10-07, 10:48
He got yet anothe rpuncture (2 over the weekend) and was going to get a lift back with Brian Elland who stays in Newcastle but Brian gace him another innertube and he put that in. Apparently Brian says the were ripping at the valve due to tyre creep as the wheels don't have rim locks and DR400's are susceptible to it.

I'm not sure if Snooppy deserves respect or therapy for riding down and sleeping in a Bivvy bag each night although the sound of his teeth chattering did put me to sleep:D

ANdyT

Padge
22-10-07, 12:21
Cheers folks for all the messages...
Finally got home at 7.30 this morn.. quick shower and out again for my appointment at 7.45...

Feelng the pain a now... left wrist (the pleasure one) has balooned up and pretty fecked.. Right arm has a nasty bit of gravel rash where the armour pulled up and I'm very stiff and bruised on the lower back where the armour didn't cover

Thanks to everyone who stopped on the trail and gave me assistance and a big thanks to Bob Jeffries for getting me recovered.

Here's a photo I promised Pumpy.... The reason I had to get home...
Although I think The Snapper is giving me the finger in the first shot..

TUNED IN.
22-10-07, 12:24
christ man.. you shouldn't be ridin' with a bun in the oven:eek:

Glad you can still type:D

The White Rabbit
22-10-07, 12:26
:clap:clap:clap

yes, definitely the AdvRider salute in the first one! :eek: :thumb :D

Aidan1150
22-10-07, 12:57
Congratulations Paul & Lisa. :beerjug: :beer:

snoopy
22-10-07, 13:14
He got yet anothe rpuncture (2 over the weekend) and was going to get a lift back with Brian Elland who stays in Newcastle but Brian gace him another innertube and he put that in. Apparently Brian says the were ripping at the valve due to tyre creep as the wheels don't have rim locks and DR400's are susceptible to it.

I'm not sure if Snooppy deserves respect or therapy for riding down and sleeping in a Bivvy bag each night although the sound of his teeth chattering did put me to sleep:D

ANdyT

:D :thumb2

I would have brought the proper tyres had the organisers been realistic and not have stated I'd have been disqualified.

By god I was cold on Friday. The journey down freezed to the bone and I couldn't get the heat back that night despite the several layers of clothing (thermals, sleeping bag, liner, bivy bag, t-shirt/pants)

Time for a reality check ... and get the car license done!

earthmover
22-10-07, 13:26
[QUOTE=snoopy;1155796
I would have brought the proper tyres had the organisers been realistic and not have stated I'd have been disqualified.

[/QUOTE]

Not wishing to sound unkind Snoopy, but if you read the regulations for the event, it does state quite clearly that road legal motocross tyres are not allowed. I have helped out with scrutineering in the past, and the number of people who either don't read, or don't care about the regulations is quite astonishing. It is a condition of entry that you abide by the rules of the event, so claiming that the organisers are being unrealistic is out of order.
Having said that, if you were getting the tyre slipping on the rim, you wouldn't have got as far on a more aggresive tyre anyway.
Mark

snoopy
22-10-07, 14:37
There were people with straight through exhausts and they didn't check the tyres. It's stupid that a new tyre of 15mm knob height isn't allowed but it I run it down to 13mm it's fine. Surely they should count the gap between the knobs if they want to do it properly. If it's road legal it should be allowed on a trail ride.

earthmover
22-10-07, 14:59
There were people with straight through exhausts and they didn't check the tyres. It's stupid that a new tyre of 15mm knob height isn't allowed but it I run it down to 13mm it's fine. Surely they should count the gap between the knobs if they want to do it properly. If it's road legal it should be allowed on a trail ride.

Well when you organise an event, and sort out the permission for 200 odd riders to use parts of the forest normally closed to riders, get marshalls, timekeepers, first aid, etc, etc, etc, then you can specify which tyres can and can't be used, then you can sort out scrutineering so that every bike gets checked with a fine tooth comb, and then you won't have to whinge about the fact that you didn't check the regulations properly in time to get the correct tyres (and rim locks :D) fitted to your bike.
Until then, I suggest you "get over it".
Lesson learned, you will be wiser next time.
Mark

TUNED IN.
22-10-07, 15:07
Time for a reality check ... and get the car license done!

What about one for a bike that shakes itself to bits and goes wrong at the drop of a hat:D

Ian B
22-10-07, 15:58
It's stupid that a new tyre of 15mm knob height isn't allowed but it I run it down to 13mm it's fine.

You could see parts of the Cambrian course on Sunday starting to cut up after hundreds of bikes had roosted their way around. This damage would have been even worse if the bikes were using motocross tyres instead of the less-aggressive (not-so-deep tread) regulation tyres.

I know of at least one local enduro where the regulations state that all bikes must be fitted with trials (block pattern) rear tyres. This is a condition imposed by the landowner who has given permission to use his forest. The reason is that aggressive deeply-treaded enduro or motocross tyres would tear up and damage the surface much more than a trials tyre, which just spins harmlessly. If this condition wasn't agreed to, the event couldn't run. The Cambrian might be a similar situation.

snoopy
22-10-07, 16:04
I've no problem with the regulations only if they are going to have them then they should enforce them like Mandy told me they would on the phone. No matter I know for next time.

Timolgra
22-10-07, 16:25
I've no problem with the regulations only if they are going to have them then they should enforce them like Mandy told me they would on the phone. No matter I know for next time.

Yes you will know better for next time Snoopy, something else you should know is that you don't go whinging publicly at event organisers,
do you suppose you would be told that regulations would not be enforced...jeez:rolleyes:

It's a shame that when you asked for advise on which tyres to use you didn't take it:augie

snoopy
22-10-07, 16:55
Yes you will know better for next time Snoopy, something else you should know is that you don't go whining publicly at event organisers, do you suppose you would be told that regulations would not be enforced...jeez:rolleyes:

It's a shame that when you asked for advise on which tyres to use you didn't take it:augie

At the time Tim nobody had quoted FIM regulations only what they thought were good tyres, it was only thanks to Rocks that I found out the day before and rang up the organisers to confirm the K70 rear wouldn't be allowed.

Anyway I'm really not bothered - I'll run my non-FIM approved tyre on the road for a bit then it'll be FIM approved.

Live & learn.

RickA
22-10-07, 18:00
Muppet!

A part worn illegal tyre is still an illegal tyre.

If you carry on like this there will be a crowd of people applauding as the scruitineers turn you away next year.

Just my tuppence worth.....

Desert Rat
22-10-07, 18:28
He did pass me while I was down one time as well...I heard no screaming :D

Hi Rich. I hear you got back OK.

Did the picture you took of me on my rally bike in the pits come out?. There dont seem to be many of me around. Just want to prove I was there:D

The White Rabbit
22-10-07, 18:59
Hi Rich. I hear you got back OK.

Did the picture you took of me on my rally bike in the pits come out?. There dont seem to be many of me around. Just want to prove I was there:D

Yes, there is at least one nice one! I am working at home tomorrow so while doing the admin should be able to get the photos uploaded :thumb2.

snoopy
22-10-07, 19:06
Muppet!

A part worn illegal tyre is still an illegal tyre.

If you carry on like this there will be a crowd of people applauding as the scruitineers turn you away next year.

Just my tuppence worth.....

Oh get bent.

Regs state tread depth must be 13mm or under. Muppet to you too.

Anyway I don't care can be drop it?

Desert Rat
22-10-07, 19:18
Yes, there is at least one nice one! I am working at home tomorrow so while doing the admin should be able to get the photos uploaded :thumb2.

Your a star:thumb

Timolgra
22-10-07, 19:33
Oh get bent.

Regs state tread depth must be 13mm or under. Muppet to you too.

Anyway I don't care can be drop it?

MUPPET TOO:D

We'll drop if you delete your whinging posts directed at the organisers of a fantastic event:thumb

snoopy
22-10-07, 20:39
I'm not whinging, the event was superb. The tyre thing was only a tiny weeny niggel as far as I am concerned and didn't detract from the weekend. :thumb2

Next up ... Tim and his 4 star accommodation. :eek

Jockser
22-10-07, 21:27

What can I say, I am that eejit :o At least my 100% (non) finishing record is intact :augie

A stupid fcuk-up less than half an hour into the event saw me & the XChallenge hit the tarmac a thump. Tarmac 1, bike 0 & Jockser -1. I managed to finish the sighting lap but every bump hurt the shoulder & 2 more small offs (on the same side, naturally :eek:) where I couldn't hold the bars on a bumpy section convinced me that I'd had enough :thedummy

I'd only managed about 20 miles off-road since I got the bike but the 40 miles on Saturday convinced me that (for me anyway) it's a great bike for this sorta thing. A bit more practice & a bit of fitness training & I'll be ready to try again next year :bounce1

At his age that could take quite some time to heal.

:redbone
With nursey/wifey away I'm havin' to treat myself :surrender Ankle a bit swollen but now strapped. Shoulder (or more accurately, collarbone) swollen & damn sore if I try to do anything with it. I've been using a sling during the day which helps keep the weight off the shoulder but after a while my arm / hand goes asleep :( Nurofen ain't working as well as the couple of Difeen I scrounged up on Sat nite, might have to go to the Doc in the morning for something stronger :cool:
Anyone got any advice on how to look after 3 young fellas for a week while only my right-hand extremities are operating normally :nenau I feel they're gonna run rings 'round me :tears

Thanks to the organisers for another great event & to the Irish contingent, including the 2 honorary Irishmen Brian & Nathan (gawd only knows what he made of us :mmmm) for a weekend of craic, especially Daithi & ShortArse for the transport & good company.
:clap:clap:clap

TUNED IN.
22-10-07, 21:32
Anyone got any advice on how to look after 3 young fellas for a week while only my right-hand extremities are operating normally :nenau I feel they're gonna run rings 'round me :tears

I heard Micheal Jackson asked that once:augie

Jockser
22-10-07, 21:40
I heard Micheal Jackson asked that once:augie

Great bloody help you are :P
Now away with ya, I'm trying to look at pics while the monsters are sleeping :rob

petcul
22-10-07, 21:43
"Anyone got any advice on how to look after 3 young fellas for a week while only my right-hand extremities are operating normally I feel they're gonna run rings 'round me."

I'm sure your over-reacting. Probably the pressure and the drugs. Bet they will be absolute darlings looking after their poorly dad:D:D:D

Aidan1150
23-10-07, 09:56
With nursey/wifey away I'm havin' to treat myself :surrender Ankle a bit swollen but now strapped. Shoulder (or more accurately, collarbone) swollen & damn sore if I try to do anything with it. I've been using a sling during the day which helps keep the weight off the shoulder but after a while my arm / hand goes asleep :( Nurofen ain't working as well as the couple of Difeen I scrounged up on Sat nite, might have to go to the Doc in the morning for something stronger :cool:

I have just spoken to Jockser after he left the hospital this morning. His collarbone is broken. Not just cracked, but a clear break. :yikes :yikes :yikes

A stupid fcuk-up less than half an hour into the event saw me & the XChallenge hit the tarmac a thump. Tarmac 1, bike 0 & Jockser -1. I managed to finish the sighting lap but every bump hurt the shoulder & 2 more small offs (on the same side, naturally ) where I couldn't hold the bars on a bumpy section convinced me that I'd had enough

Not a bit of wonder he was sore. Fcukin hardcore. :bow :bow :bow

Hope you have a speedy recovery Jochen.

AndyT
23-10-07, 10:03
I was behind him the 2nd time he went down and even that one looked a hefty tumble - take it easy fella and get well soon:clap:beerjug:

Timolgra
23-10-07, 10:24
Ouch, no wonder Jochen didn't look very happy:(

But it goes to show how just about everything can get thrown at you during an event like this and it's just a matter of dodging it until your luck runs out:hide....but that's why we do it:thumb

snoopy
23-10-07, 10:33
Brian on the KTM (reckons he came second) said the guy on the XChallenge was flying at an insane speed and will have won.

The White Rabbit
23-10-07, 10:37
Brian on the KTM (reckons he came second) said the guy on the XChallenge was flying at an insane speed and will have won.

Lee Walters? Very quick, I watched him disappear into the distance in front of me before I quit on day two. His whole bike stance was just so agressive (in a good way). Spectacular! Had a nice chat with him at the start.

Dakar Gal
23-10-07, 10:38
I have just spoken to Jockser after he left the hospital this morning. His collarbone is broken. Not just cracked, but a clear break.

Flippin 'eck! :eek: I guess when he said he could feel bone sticking out we should have taken him seriously!:blast
Must have been in some pain, but still finished the lap (some 30 odd miles and two further falls) and then rode home to the farmhouse.:bow

Hope you feel better soon Jochen. If you need anything - just ask.

Ogmios
23-10-07, 10:47
Jockser + collarbone = Oooooowwwwwww!

o.k - maybe not life threatening, but F*CK: thats SORE!:eek:
been there / done that - got the posture :rolleyes:

Take Care of it or you'll end up with the pose of an orang utang!
stay OFF the Bike for a few weeks :nono
dont do what i did.... and get back on the bike too soon - you WILL regret it:blast

oh,
and get the kids to....
cut up yer food,
open them tight jars and bottles for you,
do the heavy lifting,
... yeah, i can see that happening.... :D

The White Rabbit
23-10-07, 10:57
LOZ will be along with collarbone care tips soon I expect, some of which include driving your landy and riding your bike, I reckon :eek: :augie

rocks
23-10-07, 11:04
Well i was dead jelous looking at the photos and desperately wishing i had been able to make it. But now on hearing the increasing list of carnage and injuries part of me is breathing a sigh of relief.

Indeed i think Loz's tips for collar bones might go like this;
1) DONT break it in the first place..
2) Lots of painkillers
3) Lots of alcohol to numb the pain
4) Dont try sleeping on a camping mat.
5) DONT break it in the first place.. :spitfire

petcul
23-10-07, 12:20
Speedy recovery and make sure the kids look after YOU:aidan:aidan