LIfe insurance policies and motorcycling

The White Rabbit

Reaction score
I honestly can't think what section to post this in, can a mod move it if theres a better home, thanks. I'm sort of asking for a review of a product?

I was about to take out a basic pay out if you snuff it life insurance policy to cover my mortgage sum, but was told (Legal & General) that motorcycling is excluded :eek:.

So this may be a flag to check your policies,

and does anyone have a life insurance policy that they know for definite does not exclude motorcycling?

I went thru this with my previous employer's death-in-service insurance. When I pressed them, they said that only motorcycle sport was excluded. Might be worth a chat. As far as I am concerned, motorcycling is a legitimate form of transport and if they won't insure you, move on...

GJ

I did the same thing a while ago too. Sepcifically 'Will it pay out if I ride a large motorcycle under a truck while out of the country?' Took HR ages to get back with a yes.

I am setting one up with ING, and they said it's not a problem. That reminds me to check the fine print though...

Hi all,

i run a firm of Financial advisers and have been in the insurance industry for 14 years. I don't know where you got that thred of information from on the L and G policy , but it's not true.

The type of cover that you are talking about is called either Decreasing Term Assurance or Level term assurance, depending on what style of mortgage you have.

The only form of biking they may not cover is racing on a track. If you do take part in this kind of sport and want to be covered then you would have to complete what is known as a "lifestyle" questionaire.

The answer to the question is longer than i care to write here. So if you would like to receive some advice upon this subject then please email me or give me a call, i won't charge a fee. my email is jason.jtmfs@btconnect.com or my website address is www.jtmfs.com or call the office on 01202 861500. No strings just like to help another tosser!!!

Kind Regards

Back
Top Bottom