Remembrance Sunday rideout. 11/11/07

Noddy

Some sort of clique thing
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Remembrance Sunday rideout. 11/11/07.

An ammended trip around some of the WW2 airfields in the region. Previously posted for the 28th Oct but cancelled.

Long range weather guestimate shows it should be a bit cooler but dry.

Basic plan.

Meet up at McD's in Thetford at 0900ish ready for a 0930 departure. Then a quick run around some old RAF/USAF bomber bases. The list is much the same as before but with a couple of additions and a couple of deletions.
Plan is on being at Beeston in time for the service at the memorial. Regardless if we make it or not we will observe the two minutes silence at 1100. Then around to the other bases. Memorials, viewing points, ride along the old runways, perimeter tracks and finally end up at the control tower museum at Thorpe Abbots in time for a look around before heading home, probably mid afternoon. If the numbers are high enough we plan on using the drop off system. We will have lots of old maps and info with us and will try to answer any questions you may have.

Please post up if you intend to attend.

If you don't know about this part of WW2 then have a look at these.

Best film has to be, IMO, The Memphis Belle.

www.controltowers.co.uk

www.worldwar2airfields.net

Googleearth and search the Norfolk/Sullolk area for this basic A shape.
52 37 44 32 N
0 43 51 72 E

Be great to see you again, but please no more ordering beer in Spanish. :D

Who was it who got the idea that I could speak Spanish? Thank God Spanish Bob turned up after a couple of days. Funny time though.

Looks like I will be able to make it .. Just have to lay off the falling down water the night before ( it will be my birthday :) )

And...
Darrell is also looking likely too

me too I am definately in plus possibly a couple of mates... 1 GS and a honda hornet (if non GSers are allowed)

Blimey Noddy, would it be easier to go on one of your buses rather than have a shedload of bikes trundling along ???

:D

Back
Top Bottom