Anyone fitted Hand Guard to an Xchallenge?

The Stoat

I bought the TT/ Acerbis Multiplo system on TT's say so.......;)

Fitting the clutch side was a doddle,,,, 5mins and not bad for a numpty.

Now, when I got to the throttle side I ran into a difficulty- there is a thread inside the RHS bar that means the expanding bolt onto which the protector attaches to the end of the bar just won't fit. What do I need to do ?

ta in advance if you can help :thumb2

Stoat

from memory, i think I took a knife to it (well, I had a go but then a mate did a better job later) to cut away the hard black plastic surround so the gubbins would fit. I don't think it's the thread that's stopping it going in but the black housing does, I'll check mine later for you.

from memory, i think I took a knife to it (well, I had a go but then a mate did a better job later) to cut away the hard black plastic surround so the gubbins would fit. I don't think it's the thread that's stopping it going in but the black housing does, I'll check mine later for you.

Ta muchly mate.....

here's mine. The red arrow marks the edge that remains after cutting.

I've also included a gratuitous dirty bike shot courtesy of the Welsh borders again today :bounce1

Attachments

• IMG_0116 (Small).jpg
    IMG_0116 (Small).jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_0117 (Small).jpg
    IMG_0117 (Small).jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 232
here's mine. The red arrow marks the edge that remains after cutting.

I've also included a gratuitous dirty bike shot courtesy of the Welsh borders again today :bounce1

Feck me- that rug is worth more than the Bike mate:D A lovely Anatolian Kilim if I'm not mistaken. You Trots have done very well:nono:roll

12.99 IKEA ;)

By the way, my off-roading mates are keen to see you after I described your good self today. They reckon they need some entertainment because I've now (largely) stopped falling off.:thumb

12.99 IKEA ;)

By the way, my off-roading mates are keen to see you after I described your good self today. They reckon they need some entertainment because I've now (largely) stopped falling off.:thumb

Only in front of the camera :augie :D

All Done

:thumb

I removed the end plastic with the help of Stanley, the bolt gubbins went in.

Fitted the guard and the only problem left was the throttle wouldn'y spring shut. So I wittled 2mm of the end of the plastic and hey presto- works:bounce1

The only cock up was that I thought the end of the rubber grip was the problem so i took Stanley to it which I needn't have done. I guess grips aren't that pricey..........................hang on....it's a fecking Beemer:eek

Ta for the advice and I will be in Wales. When you invite me.:eek:

So- the Xchallenge is all tarted up- Chain guide, Headlamp pro,small luggage rack (for picking it up),humungous bash plate, longer shifter (size 11 boots) and my fave- bigger brake surface......std one is non fecking existant and yes it is easier to catch it but is esier to control the back brake now.

Bring on the mud

Chuffed Stoat

just spotted this thread as I'm looking for some guards for the wifes 650

anyway bring it along to wales and have some fun

the reason Gaz has stopped falling off is that he isn't riding fast enough

:handbag

Back
Top Bottom