Gloves

Jimb

I'm looking for a pair of waterproof Gore Tex summer gloves, I have a pair of Hein Gericke Classics for this time of year but I want some lighter ones for summer rain use, any one got any recommenations, I fancied the Hein Gericke Tuareg Rallye but they are not available in the UK any more, just my luck.

I have some Hein Gericke Goretex summer gloves..........not sure what model they're called......but have a toggle at cuff to close,plus are made from leather with cordura backs and they're a summer lightweight which you can use all year with heated grips.
Pretty waterproof but after 2 hours they feel damp (leather/cordura starts to absorb water but membrane keeps it away from fingers).
The first version had a Sympatex membrane, then swapped to a Goretex membrane in latest model.

However my favourite gloves are the lightweight summer Hein Gericke Tuareg Rally gloves which are leather with Kevlar backs.
Use them constantly and they're the tops, picked them up for £5/pair at BMF (normal rrp £25)..............top gloves

Johnny Boxer

Your favourites, the Tuareg Rallye are the ones we can't get any more and the ones I should have bought when I had the chance, I wonder if theyr'e still available in Germany ???

Re: Johnny Boxer

Jimb said:
Your favourites, the Tuareg Rallye are the ones we can't get any more and the ones I should have bought when I had the chance, I wonder if theyr'e still available in Germany ???

Thanks for the info.............Glad I got 3 pairs for £15 @ BMF this year..............especially if they're discontinued now.............perfect gloves for GS Riding...........
Is there a replacement??

Johnny Boxer

Nope, The Gore tex Rallye's are no longer available in the UK, their web site, crap though it is still shows them in germany.

Re: Re: Johnny Boxer

JohnnyBoxer said:
Thanks for the info.............Glad I got 3 pairs for £15 @ BMF this year..............especially if they're discontinued now.............perfect gloves for GS Riding...........
Is there a replacement??
"Is there a replacement he says "Course there is Hombase sell a nice gardeners glove light tan leatherouter lined cotton inner as well all for only £9.99 Cant say ive crash tested them meself but if any one is serious i spose i could convince a pensioner or two to don a pair then catch them unawares and throw em off me GS at approx 80mph in the wet . crash test granies inc ........seriously these are good gloves at the price and ive got off an F650 at 40ish and they and me hands were ok . bike and pride worse. Dog

invicta,
I'll second that on the Jet Roads. 3 friens of mine in Ireland have bought them after seeing mine and all rate them highly.
If they are waterproof in Ireland they'll do nicely here too.
Pat.
:beer:

Thanks Guys

Many Thanks guys, I will look at the alpinstars ones at the NEC
Cheers

I'm looking for some new gloves - I prefer lighter gloves because heated grips make up any deficit in the cold weather.

Just looked at some of BMW's own stuff - anyone tried their "pro-emotion" or "Rallye" models ? (£50 & £45 respectively)

I use BMWs "Summer Rain" gloves nearly all year (other than right now !!)

Totally waterproof, although they feel damp after a couple of hours soak (like JBs below)

Not sure about crash protection though, they seem a bit on the thin side

Back
Top Bottom