Recovering old deleted downloads

magee

Is it possible to recover deleted downloads from the internet from your hard drive? Unfortunatly the site that I got the downloads from isn't going anymore. I'm running windows xp.

Cheers.

magee said:
Is it possible to recover deleted downloads from the internet from your hard drive? Unfortunatly the site that I got the downloads from isn't going anymore. I'm running windows xp.

Cheers.

That will depend on if they have been deleted from your recycle bin, if still in recyle bin easy to restore, if you have deleted them from your recycle then it will depend on how long ago you deleted them. You will need either DOS or Norton Unerase software which you run from a DOS bootable floppy. If they were deleted some time ago then the likelyhood of them being recoverable is very remote as the space used by those files will be over written over by newer files.

The other option is let people know what the downloads were or do a search on the internet, they may be available from other sources

Cheers

Mick

"The other option is let people know what the downloads were or do a search on the internet, they may be available from other sources"

As I think they're well and truly gone, I'll own up! Some time ago a link was put up to a flash site by nick dk with lots of flashing boobs! The site has now dissapeared so if there are any like minded pervos with a copy, would it be possible to get a copy?

Oh sorry mick rw, I forgot to thank you.:beerjug:
I might get one of those norton things anyway. Thanks again.

Thanks mike, thats a useful tool, I didn't know what it was for! No luck so far though.

Back
Top Bottom