Corsica Trails

Gordon

Reaction score
I am at the early stages of planning a route to Corsica for 3 or more pals - on bikes - maybe September. So far it is looking like sailing to Ijmuden from Newcastle, blasting to Bescancon, scenic route to Annecy (time to walk around the old town), Route de Haute Alpes to Nice (2 days stopping at Briancon). Sail to Corsica. Corsica to Nice then onto Castellane. Stopover for 2 days. Travel round Grand Canyon du Verdon. Carry on north to catch return ferry to Newcastle.

The missing bit is what to do in Corsica. I have a number of ideas and got the Rough Guide. With a possible 6 days I would like to do some trails and see from my detailed map that there is a wealth of 4X4 tracks. Has anyone done any of these? Recommendations, photos, GPS co-ords would all be appreciated along with personal recommendations of hotels and campsites

Cheers

September is a great time to go to Corsica as it's not too hot and not too busy-it being just outside "peak season",great roads,great food and friendly people,we didn't venture off tarmac although some of the smaller back roads are quite rough the majority are smooth and twisting biking heaven.
Don't htink about it-GO :thumb
Read all about it here; http://gsclubuk.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29392

I can put you in touch with a local rider just north of Bastia who is a very good off roader, just happens to own a hotel as well.

I've also got a lot of (mainly road) routes logged on a Garmin if their any use.

I can put you in touch with a local rider just north of Bastia who is a very good off roader, just happens to own a hotel as well.

I've also got a lot of (mainly road) routes logged on a Garmin if their any use.

Both would be great - I plan to land at Bastia so a recommended hotel would be brilliant. Your Garmin routes would no doubt give me more ideas.

Feel free to PM me with these

Cheers

I am at the early stages of planning a route to Corsica for 3 or more pals - on bikes - maybe September.

The missing bit is what to do in Corsica. With a possible 6 days I would like to do some trails. Recommendations, photos, GPS co-ords would all be appreciated along with personal recommendations of hotels and campsites.

September will probably be a better time to go. I was there mid June and it was too hot.

What to do in Corsica? Surely you jest! Incredible riding and spectacular scenery!

I was there for 8 days and found my stay too short. I'll be going back for more.

Hotels? I've listed 3 motorcycle friendly hotels with secure parking in this write-up...

Corsica, a motorcyclist's paradise!

If I was going again I'd plan to split the stay with half the time based in Bonifacio in the south and the other half in Ilse Rouse or Calvi on the northwest coast.
The coast roads are a biking dream but keep in mind that the island is about 180Km long, so getting back home for the eveing after exploring could take a while as those roads are very twisty, which makes for a lot of fun but could be slow in peak holiday time traffic.
Bastia is nice but far from the nicest of the towns, my favoutires were Ilse Rouse and Calvi in the north and Bonifacio in the south.
The road south from Calvi to Porto is shear bliss.
enjoy it.
millard

Guys - many thanks for your info and experiences. Keep 'em coming

Looks like I have made a great choice of destination.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom