ISDE

I'm also a fan of the ISDE. This years ISDE was originally going to be in Wales and run by the club of which I am Chairman (WTRA). I was to be Clerk of the Course as I was one of the few UK organisers to have an International Licence (I was C.o.C. of a World Championship Enduro in 1999).

Unfortunately the ACU (the UK governing body) pulled out at the last minute much to everyone’s disgust. They even pulled out of sending a UK Trophy Team to Brazil just a week before they were due to travel, even more disgust.

If anyone’s interested in how well the remaining UK riders are doing the UK Team manger, Euan Syme, is sending reports back and they are available at www.enduro.freeserve.co.uk/isde2003.htm

Right on Bob. I wish they would run WC rules enduros' over here - we get a couple of qualifier rules events a year. We are still using computers and route charts for the rest. I just read Shane Watts' account of running in the Italian round and I want to visit a European round so bad.

Its a shame that Wales wasn't the location as I imagine it would be absolutely perfect for the ISDE (probably only matched by Scotland). Why did the ACU back out?

Question for you: I would love to come over and ride some off-road in the UK. Is there a club or some company that does this? I don't want some old hack bike though - would love to enter a race even just for the experience.

Very bad news. I heard a British rider died from a heart attack on course today. (Matt Bowden ) condolences to his family.

Probably a bad time to mention this but how many people recognise you signature??.................prepare to die.

ukgser literacy

are you saying that nobody on this forum has read the princess bride by william goldman. ;)

Rushy said:
[B

Probably a bad time to mention this but how many people recognise you signature??.................prepare to die. [/B]

Quite a lot. It was a favourite in a film thread we had a while back (MikeB is our resident film buff). Partly why I use it. Time for a change though.

And to put us back on thread, how about Stefan Everts? Takes the overall at the ISDE on his first enduro! What a star! And to beat Stefan Merriman who is not too shaby himself is quite an achievement.
:cool:

Back
Top Bottom