MapSouce errors......

jonnie comet

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I recently updated Mapsource to V6.13.5. Since this update, whenever I use the "Find nearest places" tab, Mapsource creates an error screen, with instructions to contact Garmin's tec' help.

I have sent an e mail to Garmin, but I just wondered if this had happened to anyone else?

Mapsource was perfect until I updated...............:spitfire

Yep.

Do a search and you will find the corresponding thread.
They are working on it it seems.

They sent me a reply with all the usual "Reinstall mapsource blah blah blah...." rubbish.

Didn't make a blind bit of difference.

No that was a standard reply full of rubish.
I told them so.
Only waiting for a new update helps. Latest reply was that they would forward the matter to "the powers that be" (whatever /whoever those are)

Mine seems to work ok.. am I just lucky..?

yeah, mine works now too....after uninstalling, then going into registry to delete garmin keys:eek:

then reinstall from garmin web page

then, and only then, did it upgrade to .6135.....

and allow me to find "places":augie

the speed of response from garmin to my enquiry was pretty damn good, I thought...maybe its because they have had so many issues with this upgrade they have now got the response off pat..but anyway a bit of fiddling and fartarsing around is fine when its pissing down outside??:D

Have you tried "Find Nearest Places" when looking at maps of, I think, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands?

yeah good point I was trying to find a plae in austria when this all blew up....works ok for uk locations, but will try it out tonight for europe!:augie

Thanks for the replies gents.....It's not me being a tw*t then.........:eek:

No reply from Garmin yet....Fingers crossed.........:)

Back
Top Bottom