60 or 76 CSx - anyone got any experiance

Bob Jeffries

It's good to be back ..
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone got any experience of either the 60CSx or 76CSx - I have a few 12's and a 2610 but want something in between, something with the nuts & bolts GPS' bits of the 12's and with the auto routing of the 2610 - and I'd like it to be battery powered.

And of course if anyone is selling one please get in touch.

I got a 60csx last year and really rate it. I've got a 2610 too but bought the 60 for trail riding, walking mtb etc. I put a 1gb card in it and just dumped all of the uk CN maps and the free nasa/topo stuff on it. For cycling and walking I use memory map. It's all really simple and was up and running within half an hour of getting it out the wrapping :)
I use decent rechargeable batteries and they last for about 8hrs.
The tracklog capacity is huge so I can go out with lads from the trf on routes I've never ridden, record them then drop them onto memory map when I get home to see where i've been.
It's small enough to just drop in your pocket and the autorouting is pretty good. If you've used a 2610 then you'll find it straight forward. Imputting an address takes longer though as there is no touch screen keyboard, but it's not the end of the world:thumb2

Thanks Pigglet

I'm thinking of it for very similar purposes - the autorouting would be a bonus as I'll keep the 2610 (and my eyesight isn't good enough to see the 60's screen as I ride along) - does it have any means of outputting spoken instructions to earphones?

Where do you get the free NASA/Topo stuff from?

I also use MM, I helped in a very little way with the development of the original Navigator program, still not overly impressed with it though, I tried to get them to go down the database route as per TTQV rather than flat files, without success.

Just got to see how little I can get it for now.

Back
Top Bottom