smellybiker wanderlust maps

Matt splat

Is anyone using these maps?

Are they routable?

Can i get half way round the world on these maps i want to!

thanks. Matt

i have downloaded trial, seems ok i will pay the money and try the full maps next week. will post if all ok

No they are not 'routable'. Nice detail in lots of the places where you would want it for making routes on the PC though... (straight line routes)

He's working on a topo upgrade and stuff, and once you pay, you get new maps as they are produced.

Al...

could you not use metrogold from geodude.nl to make it routable ?

I think you'll find that Metroguide, that can be made routable with MetroWizzz/MetroGold, does actually have a routing capability it's just that it inhibits the creation of the index within Mapsource to make this transferable to your GPS unit (MetroWizzz gets around this limitation). To be effectively routable would require lots of attributes (speed limits, one ways, on ramps, dual carridgeways etc... etc... )to be added for each road which would be a mamouth task. Added to which the accuracy of road placement has to be spot on otherwise you'll be getting recalcs all the time if you have that enabled.

See here.

If you have a Zumo, you can install the free "world routable basemap".
So at least the major roads are routable. If you make a route over these, and then switch to the Wanderlust map, the "basemap route" still shows. Ofcourse if you go beyond the major roads, you need direct routes or tracks to navigate. Both can be made on mapsource.

If you have a Zumo, you can install the free "world routable basemap".
So at least the major roads are routable. If you make a route over these, and then switch to the Wanderlust map, the "basemap route" still shows. Ofcourse if you go beyond the major roads, you need direct routes or tracks to navigate. Both can be made on mapsource.

Good idea :thumb2

Let us know how you get on geoff48h.

Is anyone using these maps? yes :D

Are they routable? No :nono but there's no need fot that - it's all about Adventure isn't it? :D

Can i get half way round the world on these maps i want to! all the way round if you've a mind to!

thanks. Matt
no worries- buy yours before the Xmas rush!

no worries- buy yours before the Xmas rush!

Thanks Bert,

can i just say bugger to ewen and charley, YOU Bert have inspired me to get off my ass and do something thing to make a difference :thumb2

1 massive journey for charity now being planned :D

i have downloaded trial, seems ok i will pay the money and try the full maps next week. will post if all ok

What's your impression Geoff?

Whilst the current version still remains unroutable adding routability is in the project plan, I can't remember now what Bob (Bob Morely, the guy behind Wanderlust World Maps) said about the release of a routable version......I think it may happen early next year?
There's a forum on his website where he keeps everyone updated on progress on the WWMs.....and his progress on his world tour.
Updated versions of the maps are available to registered/paid up members as and when released ;-)

I took a quick look at the trial/demo version of the Wanderlust base map - and quickly paid my £25 to join in :thumb2

It will eventually become routeable but that will take a huge amount of work.

I want to help support the project and will be a contributor as well as using the maps, I'm just sorting out some tracklogs of South Africa now to send them in.

I can also highly recommend tracks4africa (http://www.tracks4africa.com/).

Back
Top Bottom