Fuel Issues

santrix

Reaction score
Ive had a look through the forum, can't seem to find it, if anyone can point it out or help out cheers.

Whats the fuel situation with regards to Leaded/Unleaded availability? Since im off there next summer on a GS650 (possibly with a cat converter).

We're heading down as far as Zagora.

Thanks

All the larger stations sell unleaded, but several we stopped at had sold out so we filled up with leaded.
A lot of the smaller stations were only doing leaded and diesel.
You should be able to fill up with unleaded the majority of the time, but one or two tankfuls of leaded may be unavoidable.

Just back last week. All fuel available all the way to zagora :nenau

your biggest worry is that your going in the summer :eek:

Hope you like it hot :cool

I've updated the knowledgebase with the following

FUEL
Not all service stations in Morocco sell unleaded petrol. In built-up areas the stations on the outskirts of towns are most likely to sell unleaded, those inside urban areas tend not to. If there's no unleaded available as you enter a town, seek out another service station on the exit. Afriquia is the best chain of petrol stations in Morocco with modern services and normally with an onsite cafe. Other chains are Total, Ziz and CHM.

Did I dream this :confused: or is there some chemical that can be added to leaded fuel so it's safe to use in engines with cats? ... ie a chemical one can take on a trip ...

Did I dream this :confused: or is there some chemical that can be added to leaded fuel so it's safe to use in engines with cats? ... ie a chemical one can take on a trip ...

A chemical to remove lead? I think not.

Were you thinking about the octane boosters that became popular when the good old four / five star went out the window?

Or maybe the wonder pills, that one dropped into the bike's tank, to increase efficiency? The only wonder being....did anyone believe it...or buy them?

Was over there in April, not a problem getting unleaded. As Tim says 'Afriquia' stations are good and plenty full even down as far as Zagora.
Glad you like it hot, you will be!!!:eek: Take a camelbak!

Back
Top Bottom