GPS for Dad.

stumpi

Reaction score
My mum wants to get my Dad a GPS for Christmas.
Now, heres the thing.
They live in Spain, are both over 70, just, and he's not the most technically minded person. Thats not to say he's stupid, he just doesnt do computers etc.

So, what I think he needs is a GPS with the whole of Europe ( or at least the France Spain corridor ) in it that he can use both at home and here when they drive over.

I'd probably do all the updates for him, so that shouldnt be an issue, it just has to easy to use. I have 2610 and an IQue that I love but think they'd be overkill for him.

Oh, and the cost has got to be right too, don't forget,me poor ole Mum's a pensioner.

Any suggestions would be greatfully received.

Thanks all.

GPS Tomtom

Get a TomTom one. They are bullet proof and only about £160 with europe on. Very easy to use.

TOOK THIS FROM EXISTING THREAD ON THIS SITE, SEEMS THE BIZ

Lidl satnav £149 Dec 17th

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds interesting :-

Satellite Navigation System

Extra large 4.3'' TFT touch screen panel. Slimline design. 400MHz Samsung processor. Resolution: 480 x 272 pixels, 65k colours. Image aspect ratio: 16:9. Internal 2GB memory. With Bluetooth for hands-free calling. Integrated microphone. Additional points of interest including petrol stations, hotels, restaurants, tourist information and much more for many European cities. Multimedia player for playback of audio, visual and picture files. TTS (Text-To-Speech function) - tells you the street name of your next turn. Card reader: SD/MMC. Mini USB port. Size (cm): 12.75 (W) x 7.89 (H) x 1.92 (D). Set contains DVD-ROM navigation software, 12V in-car charger, mounting bracket with suction pad, mains adaptor, USB cable, stylus pen, storage bag and instructions. Pre-loaded complete map data across Europe without cross-border interruption. Pre-loaded mapping: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland,
France, Germany, Gibraltar, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Macedonian, Moldova, Monaco, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia-Montenegro, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, Vatican City. Set contains DVD-ROM navigation software, 12V in-car charger, mounting bracket with suction pad, mains adaptor, USB cable, stylus pen, storage bag and instructions. 3 year manufacturer's warranty. Price per set.

₤ 149.99*

Would that be just backup maps or real navigation software?
Attached Images

Back
Top Bottom