X Challange - Speedo - X650 MPH to KPH

(RIP) philgunn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello font of all X650 Knowledge. just got my ex school bike and while looking at the owners manual it mentions you can change your speedo from MILES to Kilometers but you have to bring it to the Dealer . I presume it is just a combination of buttons to be pressed .. can anyone confirm
and while i am at it who does a cheap Clutch levers for them . Might need a few till i get bark busters on

Phil

Im sure Ive come across this on Adv rider. I think your correct its just a few button combinations

levers

Ive bent the clutch lever myself a few times, wont be long till I snap it. Cant afford the pukka handguards yet. Let me know if you can source any levers. I know the front brake has the Bremo symbol on it. Originals Brembos are expensive.

mph to KPH

it is that combination that i am after . I cant imagine the dealership doing much else,
Only today I have bought a lever on Flea bay for 3.20 + postage some dude was selling off his spares , and seemingly they are the same as the F650 . made by a company called Velo I have seen that name on spurious parts in the past so check out m+p or some one like that as a source when i get it I will post the part no

serves me right for trying to straighten the lever . just a bit more . a bit more Ahh Break

enclosed pics of bikes bought at weekend

pg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 330
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 312
Jaysus Gunner, what sort of world domination are you planning with all of them?

Hate to break this to you, but that bike on the left might stetch a bit of my hairy ar$e crack...

Attachments

• G6502.jpg
    G6502.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 404
I have to sell it now

7- Brendan Power
8 PG
9 Seamus Sorohan
46 Sam wright " Daithi's Brother "

and most are pointed at the big bike challange in the uK
I'am sticking with the HP

pg

here it is

To change from MPH to KPH

1. disconnect battery
2. turn ignition on
3. hold down mode key
4. keep mode key pressed & connect battery power
5. digital display will go through one digital reading
6. the next two readings (on mine) were kmh & then mph, when you see the new reading you want, release mode key.

"Thanks Chain Gang forum"

Phil,

Save you disconnecting the battery and remove fuse F (15AMP),
same thing but less time involved.

Andrew

Hate to break this to you, but that bike on the left might stetch a bit of my hairy ar$e crack...

Is that why No.8 looks more 'squashed' than the others :nenau:augie

Nice collection of bikes Phil :thumb2 We gonna have XC races now ?? :bounce1

Jaysus Gunner, what sort of world domination are you planning with all of them?
attachment.php

Hate to break this to you, but that bike on the left might stench a bit of my hairy ar$e crack...

I seem to remember being slagged off by Padge for makin a Serow look small, :D
yer doin a fair job on that XC lad. :rolleyes: :D

Congrats on the purchaces Phil. :thumb2 :D You might want to shift on the no.8 before word gets out.

X650 MPH to KPH

Thanks AR 14, I have just been to the machine and it is now converted over and I used the fuse method

1. Disconnect battery (or Remove Fuse F (AR14) )
2. turn ignition on
3. hold down mode key
4. keep mode key pressed & connect battery power (Replace Fuse F)
5. digital display will go through one digital reading
6. the next two readings (on mine) were kmh & then mph, when you see the new
reading you want, release mode key.

PS I see from the set up it mentions Wheel this probably means you can change the size to match the Wheel / Tyre you install Like the ICO meter Also the X moto - X Country seem to use the same meter and by changing this input , meter can be used on all three although the front wheels are different.

Jockser

I will stay with the HP2 the 650 single class seems to be getting very crowded, are you coming down to cork for a spin in the sand over christmas

PG

Jockser

I will stay with the HP2 the 650 single class seems to be getting very crowded, are you coming down to cork for a spin in the sand over christmas

PG

That might be a bit soon :( Need ta get some physio done first, me thinks.

That might be a bit soon :( Need ta get some physio done first, me thinks.

What do physio's know..Feck em and whack a disabled sticker on the number plate (get me and BB1 some too)

Hey Jockser

how about a full version of your Christmas ICON .... if looks very like the one the site and how related are they..... and who applied the nipple stickers

how about a full version of your Christmas ICON .... if looks very like the one the site and how related are they..... and who applied the nipple stickers

Can't seem to lay me hands on it (if ye'll excuse the expression ;)) at the moment. But I'll keep looking :D
I think it's the same pic alright. Wasn't me that applied the stickers though :(

What about these to keep ya goin' :
untitled.jpg

See attachment...

Yip, I treble checked it, they are the same pic, I'll just go check again, yip they're the same. :thumb2

Here ya are, right click XXXXXXXXXXXXXmas.GDB below .... Download it and change the name from
XXXXXXXXXXXXXmas.GDB to XXXXXXXXXXXXXmas.jpg :thumb

I didn't post it cause there's nipples every where and I don't want any mods givin' out to me again. :eek::D
Happy Christmas :beerjug:

Attachments

• XXXXXXXXXXXXXmas.gdb
    113.1 KB · Views: 119

Back
Top Bottom