Florida bike hire - any experience?

The Other PaulG

Still searching
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi -

I am thinking about a quick trip to Florida in March to capitalise on the weaker dollar and the stronger sunshine.

Please does anyone have experience of any of the bike hire companies out there? I have seen a thread commenting about the good service from Eaglerider - does anyone else have experience? The bike doesn't need to be a beemer, in fact it'll be nice to ride something different for a week, even a H-D :ymca

This will be my first experience of hiring a bike in the US, is there any other vital advice I need, Y'all?

Paul G
(the other)

Florida is pretty big... I hired a BMW RT from a small outfit in Sarasotta, but can't remember the name. Problem in Florida is the law/insurance companies; Many have stopped hiring out bikes since they get sued to hell. Imagine all the forms I had to sign....

Also, if you find an outfit, bring your own helmet, since the only thing they have on loan are beanie helmets.

A lot of Harley dealers do Rental (as they call it). I hired one in Detroit freom the main dealer.

Just check the insurance - you'll need the options. The basic covers the dealer well, but leaves the rider with s*d all.

what he said about the lid, although full face on a HD tourer isn't reall right somehow.

Back
Top Bottom