Ktm 950 super enduro gearing...

Pipster

Reaction score
Have Ktm changed the gearbox ratio's on the 950 SE or is it same as the 950 ADV ?... Just been reading the Touratech 2008 supplement they did a camping tour round Italy on one with panniers ect ... Really like the look of the 950 SE , The GS is defo going in the new year for a Ktm 990 s but thinking of giving the 950 SE a go :thumb2

Have Ktm changed the gearbox ratio's on the 950 SE or is it same as the 950 ADV ?... Just been reading the Touratech 2008 supplement they did a camping tour round Italy on one with panniers ect ... Really like the look of the 950 SE , The GS is defo going in the new year for a Ktm 990 s but thinking of giving the 950 SE a go :thumb2

Do give it a go by all means. I ended up outing a 12GS (a really nice one) for a mint 950SER. I was very close to going with the 640 Adv too but I was put off it buy the vibes.

2 main probs with 950. Tank range and wind blast.
tank range is too expensive to fix and remain fashionable.

Wind blast... I think I have a cool solution.
261089198_baREN-L.jpg

I have not done it yet. This is just a very crude effort using a printer and a pair of scissors (I could not work out how to use photoshop)

The bits are on order to make this reality.

you must have a well paid paperound to afford that bike:D

screen look's good:thumb2
mine's coming together slowly for a trans portugal trip(hi rick)
sm tank and seat(e-bay)
adv rack,yet to be re-modded
2-1 exhaust
extra wide footpeg's
and a yummy scotts top yoke and damper
rox risers
black dog bashplate
new slave cylinder(forgotten the name)

to do list,heated grips,power socket

loz

Attachments

• tobynators 007.jpg
    tobynators 007.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 1,116
  • tobynators 008.jpg
    tobynators 008.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 1,091
  • tobynators 010.jpg
    tobynators 010.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 790
  • tobynators 011.jpg
    tobynators 011.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 719
  • tobynators 013.jpg
    tobynators 013.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 854
proper bashplate

Attachments

• tobynators 012.jpg
    tobynators 012.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 875
Ohh that's a lot of work. I was sitting on a brand spanking 990 Adv (Dakar) the other day wondering if I had rashly bought the wrong bike. The pittiful offer for mine as trade in eshewed thoughts of how I would break the news to SWMBO.

looks good though. I'm thinking of doing the gearing a bit coz I really don't need to be able to wheelie it in third. (it is fun though)
How much petrol can you get in that new tank, and where did you get your 2-1 pipe?

Bit's should be here next week and I'm on stand down nextweek:D
262664564_P5rYh-L.jpg

Had these wheels made so Ican run road tyres....
262664279_RnkJw-L.jpg

And this is my mate with massive Headlamps

Ohh that's a lot of work. I was sitting on a brand spanking 990 Adv (Dakar) the other day wondering if I had rashly bought the wrong bike. The pittiful offer for mine as trade in eshewed thoughts of how I would break the news to SWMBO.

looks good though. I'm thinking of doing the gearing a bit coz I really don't need to be able to wheelie it in third. (it is fun though)
How much petrol can you get in that new tank, and where did you get your 2-1 pipe?

Bit's should be here next week and I'm on stand down nextweek:D
262664564_P5rYh-L.jpg

Had these wheels made so Ican run road tyres....
262664279_RnkJw-L.jpg

And this is my mate with massive Headlamps

i allways wondered what HID stood for:eek:

i forgot the 16t front sprocket is hilarious,tank only hold's14.5lt but it saves the standard one,i got a mate to cut and weld the standard exhaust but a guy on adv rider is selling them for $200,i just need to find some can's

just sold my 17in wheels,getting another set of offroad wheels

loz

loz

OK Brace yourselves I'm finished.

The plan......
261089198_baREN-L.jpg

The result.
265698848_6Bhr6-M.jpg

265690854_FcsmK-L.jpg

265690442_tyckk-L.jpg

It was more work than I thought it would be.
265604955_FTPCs-M.jpg

265604818_zfECn-M.jpg

265604957_H6LFM-M.jpg

So There you are.
I got the idea from a thread from Thumpertalk, the bloke who did this (and I copied) is or was called Iron Dude. Never knew him but I think he might be passed away now.

The Headlight is from Baja Designs and I have a 90/100w halogen in there. It's the same headlight shell as the Tecate but without the HID. The screen is BMW F650 GS Dakar.

I haven't ridden it at speed yet so I don't really know if it's been worth all the time and money. I do personaly prefer the look of the "Irondude" Rallye fairing though.

proper bashplate

Loz

How much did the bashplate cost with postage from US ...

Looks well made :thumb2

Bashplate and Touratech pannier frames next on my shopping list ...

Spent my wheel money on a set of Akro's ;):D

Look good . let us know what its like once road tested :thumb2
The result.
265698848_6Bhr6-M.jpg

I'm looking to do something with the rear number plate setup as it is it looks shite :barf

Any ideas

There's also talk of a large fuel tank being made soon found a US site already advertising them no prices as yet...:thumb2

Glad you like the looks. I'm happy with it too.
On the motorway it feels much better. 100MPH is now more or less civilised (ish) it used to be quite quite mad. I think doing the gearing might make it capable of more modern speeds, but I do actualy intend to use the bike off road so I don't want to change it too much.
Any details on the fuel tank site?

Nice one. I better start saving up now.
I wonder what it will look like?

Loz

How much did the bashplate cost with postage from US ...

Looks well made :thumb2

Bashplate and Touratech pannier frames next on my shopping list ...

Spent my wheel money on a set of Akro's ;):D

£180:eek:

group buy on advrider

loz

£180:eek:

group buy on advrider

loz

Money well spent the stock one is shite :thumb2

Have you seen this on Adv rider ...something a little different :D

Attachments

• 2369343769_b89df887e5_b.jpg
    2369343769_b89df887e5_b.jpg