Sideways Ktm ....

Pipster

Reaction score
Just been on phone to Sideways ,

I'm very interested in the 06 / 950 SE listed for £6,499 told him I'm a cash buyer asked what would he let it go for ?

He would'nt move not one penny :nenau We all like to do a bit of a deal when buying a bike but to pay asking price no way:confused:

Pissed off now had my eye on there site for a couple of months was sure i would be buying either the 950 se or the 990 adv s this crimbo:tears he did offer £200 off the Adv £6800 for a bike with no panniers nearly out of warranty too much i can buy new for £8100 with free luggage and 2 years warranty...

Strange way to sell bike's i know they must get a lot of time wasters calling but this time he's missed out on a sale ...

Spooky :)
I was going to reply to your last post about the SE,
as i knew one that was gathering dust at Sideways then i remembered
who the salesman was :(
actually i saw the bike at the w/end while testing the 530 and it just
been reduced from £6799 to £6499 so probably why
he wasn't interested in doing a deal ...

I bought mine from Sideways. All I could get was a low seat thrown in but it met all my needs so went for it. It was a long day mind you. 600 miles round trip I think. It was Chris I dealt and overall was happy with the experience(except for handing over the cash!!)

When I was looking for mine I sent the same email to most of the ktm dealers in the country, a good few replied and I was sorted the same day.

Good luck:thumb

Spooky :)
I was going to reply to your last post about the SE,
as i knew one that was gathering dust at Sideways then i remembered
who the salesman was :(
actually i saw the bike at the w/end while testing the 530 and it just
been reduced from £6799 to £6499 so probably why
he wasn't interested in doing a deal ...

Maybe but there's no way i would ever pay asking price to a dealer it just doesn't feel right :D

I think Sideways are owned by the same guy that owns CW. They are a small independent and don't like to discount. HOWEVER .. the service (at least at CW) from the service staff are superb.

So maybe worth paying the "extra" to keep help a decent local business. Otherwise you will only get souless large corporates ... and you lose so much with those types of dealers ..

just my pennies worth .. ignore if not relevant

I think Sideways are owned by the same guy that owns CW. They are a small independent and don't like to discount. HOWEVER .. the service (at least at CW) from the service staff are superb.

So maybe worth paying the "extra" to keep help a decent local business. Otherwise you will only get souless large corporates ... and you lose so much with those types of dealers ..

just my pennies worth .. ignore if not relevant[/QUOTE

Novice

look on bike trader there's two 06 950 SE for a lot less money only problem is there in the northeast and i'm spending xmas in Dorset ...Just hoped to do a realistic deal while off work over xmas ...

Most Ktm dealers are small independents i would like to buy off Leisure trail in Nottingham my local dealer but they haven't any used 950/990's in stock...:(

I run my own small local business yes its hard work but i don't get paid over the odds just because i'm a nice guy :D

I'll find the right bike in the new year i've had a moan time to move on :thumb2

990 & Sideways

I have dealt with Sideways and always found them really helpful ~ the 06 /990 is my old bike and has quite a lot of kit on it and has 18 months warranty left..............I part/x'd it with CW BMW (the sister dealership) for my R1200 GSA in September....they ares selling it for less than the PX price>>>

PS the service from Sideways / CW is excellent and sometimes it's better to pay a few ££'s more to get the piece of mnd that this service brings

I have dealt with Sideways and always found them really helpful ~ the 06 /990 is my old bike and has quite a lot of kit on it and has 18 months warranty left..............I part/x'd it with CW BMW (the sister dealership) for my R1200 GSA in September....they ares selling it for less than the PX price>>>

PS the service from Sideways / CW is excellent and sometimes it's better to pay a few ££'s more to get the piece of mnd that this service brings

Pughy

You did well to get over £6800 for an 06 990i trade in ...:clap

If you look on Bike trader they say it was sold buy them and PX for another 990i adv :confused:

And there selling it for less than trade in price been sitting in showroom since September and not interested in a deal with a cash buyer:jes

I wish them all the best for 2008 ...:D

I would go into Sideways with your cash and talk turkey with them. A real person to person chat is much more likely to get a deal than an e-mail.

Just my 2p worth.

I can vouch for CW and Sideways, the businesses are run by Wally & Dave, years of experiance and good honest people. They would get my money.

AJ

Sideways

I would go into Sideways with your cash and talk turkey with them. A real person to person chat is much more likely to get a deal than an e-mail.

Just my 2p worth.

I can vouch for CW and Sideways, the businesses are run by Wally & Dave, years of experiance and good honest people. They would get my money.

AJ

Couldnt agree more....if you call Dave at CW BMW and tell him you want a deal on the 990 I am sure he will do his best to help......they have been brilliant with me

Just my 2p worth.

AJ

Jenks

Couldn't agree with you more mate, the purpose of my phone call was to make sure the bikes were in stock, check opening times, etc, etc as I wanted to plan my Dorset visit around being able to visit the KTM shop, cash in pocket and hopefully do a deal.

Unfortunately we fell at the first hurdle; bad attitude from the guy on the phone at Sideways; don't know who I spoke to - I was transferred to a salesman.:nenau. We didn't hit it off - glad to see you guys have had good experiences. Suspect he was winding down for Xmas or I caught him at a bad time

Time to move on; watch this space, suffice to say that it turned out to be a very productive Xmas after all.:bounce1

I have to say that I've used CW's and Sideways for the last 22 years and really like dealing with them. As Pughy has said, you do pay a bit etc but you'll get that back ten fold in the standard of the service they will give you.

My BMW is in for some unscheduled work at the moment and they have lent me their GSA and not just one of their normal loan bikes.

The 950SE that you are talking about has been in the showroom for quite a while and I think that it has dropped from an original £6999 to the price of £6499. Chris the salesman will always sit down and do a deal face to face, they want a deal as much as you do remember.

I would say, don't dismiss them as you'll not do yourself any favours in the long run. They not constantly voted in the top three dealers in the country for nothing.

Cheers

Mark

Back
Top Bottom