PaulBDE & Baron Le Bon Invite you to join Italia 08 (Sequel to Garmisch 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulbde

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ladies & Gentlemen,

Following on from this year’s successful trip to Garmisch, we are pleased to announce we will be running a trip in 2008 to Italy.

Italia 2008 will take place from the 14th to 23rd June 2008

Whist we will be riding a fair few miles, this trip will have everything including a lay over in Rome itself!

The trip will also include riding the best regional routes as well as playing in the mountains and travelling through the Stevilo Pass.

As per last year, the trip costs you nothing apart from your personal expenses – fuel, beer, camping, ferry costs etc.

The entire organisation is done as a labour of love!

This year the trip is fully compatible with pillion riding as there is no off road routes, and for the ladies, at every campsite site there is also the choice of hotels as well as cabins if you do not wish to camp (please remember the average temp is around 80c – so no rain)

Thus with all the accommodation options, your trip will reflect your own budgets – making Italia 08 viable for everyone!

As per last year, we will provide you will a trip road book, as well as full GPS routing for Garmin Sat Nav’s.

For more information, you can download the full trip document here:

http://www.ukgser.com/download/italia08.pdf

The file is a PDF, and due to the size will take a little while to download, so I suggest you right click, and select file – save as and download that way.

As far as I know we already have 4 bikes in, with 3 more bikes interested, so I think this one will fill up pretty quick.

If you would like to read about the previous trip, the road report can be read here:

http://www.ukgser.com/download/garm07.pdf

And people’s comments on the trip can be read here:

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117642&highlight=garmisch

I hope you find the upcoming trip of interest, and if you want more information, or want to come along, please message me or post here, and I will be happy to answer any questions or confirm a place for you.

Note, at the end of March, we will be booking Ferries and accommodation

Best regards

PaulBDE & Baron

:beerjug:

Looks like fun .. if I am still in one piece after the turkey trot, I would be up for this!
NO CAMPING option please :D

Is there a option for Sat Nav users and the ones who think they know where they are going?

Tom, you could carry a caravan in your new panniers :augie

It's not the ability to carry a tent on the bike that bothers me ...

it's the possibility of having to pack up a tent in the pissing rain .. then having a wet tent the following night to sleep in .. not having a proper loo to take my morning shit .. not having a proper shower ... I am real hardcore RTW biker :D

Whoo I wanna go

Paul, Problems with your Email. They kept getting bounced back to me. But I'm interested. Mail me at navigator@ntlworld.com. Done something similiar last year but only skirted the top of Italy .

It's not the ability to carry a tent on the bike that bothers me ...

it's the possibility of having to pack up a tent in the pissing rain .. then having a wet tent the following night to sleep in .. not having a proper loo to take my morning shit .. not having a proper shower ... I am real hardcore RTW biker :D

Get a Kyham tent. They are the biz. 1 minute to erect. 1 minute to collapse

E Mail

Guys please note, there is an error on my email address in the trip document, please remove 1 of the L's from my name, and I will get the mail fine

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul,
Please count me in - sounds like a fab trip. I've sent all my contact details to your e mail.
Thanks Dave.

Italia 08 - It's filling up quick!

Ladies and Gents,

A quick update on numbers:

Confirmed 6 bikes

1 priority reserve place for Jaber

interested bikes - 8

I will need to start thinking about capping the trip soon, so if your in, let me know

Regards

Paul

Ladies and Gents,

A quick update on numbers:

Confirmed 6 bikes

1 priority reserve place for Jaber

interested bikes - 8

I will need to start thinking about capping the trip soon, so if your in, let me know

Regards

Paul

Thanx for that Paul, should Know for def in about 2 weeks:thumb2

Ave a great new year mate, see ya soon:beer:

Love and kisses on the bottom:ymca

Steve

Paul,
The trip looks a good un, Please count me in.
Will send contact details on your email address.
Thanks.:Motomartin

Paul unable to send email to you, server keeps chucking it back even though i have removed an L from your address.
Carrot.

Hi Paul,

When my girlfriend and I get our bike we've decided that Italy will be our first destination, and in particular Bergamo that I visit quite a lot with work which she would like to see. Thinking ahead, would it be feasible and/or acceptable for us to join in the outward journey and break off towards Bergamo at the end of day 2 at Lake Como, and then rejoin the group on day 8 as you route from Venice to Garmisch on the way home?

Hi, count me in please, Friend at work also interested he has a transalp but looking to get a GS in the spring.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom