insurance for Bosnia/croatia

MickL

Im off on an extended tour of the area next year Do you need special insurance and if so any information on suitable brokers Thanks for any assistance in this

Mick, have a look at the Horizons Unlimited Bulletin Board here, they've probably got quite a lot of information and some links which you'll find of use....

Mike:)

Mick,
I've just come back having ridden right through the Balkans including Montenegro. My standard insurance covered me for everything except Montenegro where they assured me they were not part of Europe! so they had to summon up an insurance man from Podgorica to sell me a months cover for 10 Euro..:D

I was also assured by BMW that my recovery insurance would also be valid right through to Turkey.

Check you policy booklet. There will be a paragraph defining the Territorial Limits

My policy, from Carol Nash, underwritten by Equity Red Star, certainly covers me for Hungary, Slovenia, Slovakia and Czech Republic. I can't remember which other countries were included.

Also, if you are going for an extended trip check the time limits for overseas trips. They vary a lot. E.g. some companies only cover 1 month, some 90 days. Some cover as many trips as you like in a year but each trip must be less than a month.

Most insurance companies will allow you to extend the territorial limits to visit a particular country, for a fee of course. This applies to the length of trip too.

MickL said:
Im off on an extended tour of the area next year Do you need special insurance and if so any information on suitable brokers Thanks for any assistance in this

I've done Slovenia/Croatia before and my Insurance with Norwich Union could be extended to cover the Balkans on a Comprehensive basis for about £10 per country

Back
Top Bottom