FERRY PRICES PLYMOUTH SANTANDER

magno

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just been looking at ferry prices for a trip in June to Spain. Does anybody know of any promotional codes for Brittany Ferries?

The cheapest way I can find to get 2 bikes, 2 riders, 1 cabin sharing is to do the following: Book 2 people, 1 bike and 1 cabin (£350) and then do a seperate booking for another bike, 1 rider and 1 recliner seat (£188). This saves £126 on the total cost compared with 2 bookings for a rider, bike and cabin seperately(£664)!

And you still have the recliner seat available for when your travel partner starts snoring!!

If anybody else has any ideas on how to beat the booking systems please let me know here.

Ring them up & talk to them.
The Internet booking syestem isn't very flexible
I booked six of us all with bikes, but only 3 double cabins for May 11th
Worked out at £165 each one way

Do some careful maths and work out plymouth-roscoff or even portsmouth across. I worked out it was cheaper and same time to actually not use the Santander route. Even taking into account petrol and hotel stop.

As suggested, try the other routes as well.......

We use Portsmouth-Bilbao on P&O, and we book through Motorcycle sports in Coleraine, NI......they usually come out cheaper than booking through P&O directly.

Also try varying the day you sail.....it can make an enormous difference to the price :)

PS that's a ridiculous price- We only pay £100 more than that for a Landrover 130 (well overheight) and a 21 foot trailer (also overheight) return.

PS that's a ridiculous price- We only pay £100 more than that for a Landrover 130 (well overheight) and a 21 foot trailer (also overheight) return.

Yeah.

Then spend double the price difference in beer and food because the crossing is dragged-out to 34 sodding hours compared to 16!!! :augie

I've used the P&O to Bilbao a couple of times and, from memory, the first rider books the cabin, the rest just pay for bike and rider (i.e. nothing extra for accommodation).

Never used Plymouth crossing - I like the idea of two nights on board from Portsmouth on way out - one night to stay up late and drink cheap beer, then early to bed second night, up for brekkie and hit the road at 9:00 am fullt fed and ready to go.

(Also, of course, Portsmouth is a few hours nearer home than Plymouth.)

Just booked the Portsmouth Bilbao one way (will take chunnel back). £100/rider and £80 for a 4 berth window cabin.

Like Robin says, get stuck into the beer on the first night and an early one on the second night - not forgetting a bit of cabaret and bingo with the "minicruisers" :D

Just booked the Portsmouth Bilbao one way (will take chunnel back). £100/rider and £80 for a 4 berth window cabin.

Like Robin says, get stuck into the beer on the first night and an early one on the second night - not forgetting a bit of cabaret and bingo with the "minicruisers" :D

what time of year , month? just askin coz wer lookin at july/august time.
ta ugg.

errrr yes, good point. This was travelling mid-May, probably a bit more expensive into the school holidays.

Back
Top Bottom