stella alpina 2008

I had heard that the route taken by the Stella Alpina from Bardonnechia has now been made "pedal cycles and walkers only" - fenced off in a fairly major way by the visitor centre.

I don't know this for certain, nor do I know quite where you might find out for sure, but definitely worth checking out.

For what its worth, I believe that the Stella is happening, as it has always done for the past 40 years on the 2nd Sunday of the month. As for the restrictions, I am given to believe that it is the month of August when motor vehicles are excluded. I think this is in response to some "enthusiastic" riding by the trailered Xser brigade. See you there none the less.

For what its worth, I believe that the Stella is happening, as it has always done for the past 40 years on the 2nd Sunday of the month. As for the restrictions, I am given to believe that it is the month of August when motor vehicles are excluded. I think this is in response to some "enthusiastic" riding by the trailered Xser brigade. See you there none the less.

Also it is only 9-5 at weekends and no restrictions on weekdays, so if you go, get up early.

Won't be there this year as still recovering from a nasty shoulder dislocation... kept me off bikes for 4 months and still need to build it up.

It's On

Just heard from a mate in Italy.........

THIS YEAR'S STELLA IS ON
13TH JULY

A fantastic weekend.

Back
Top Bottom