1150 tyres

John B

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
What's the current wisdom re tyres for the 1150? mine came with trailwings which (to me anyway) feel a bit vague. I see ads for tourance, my mates Tiger has these and they seem to be able to lean over and grip well (probably braver than me!) most of the time my bike is on road , I think its a bit big and heavy to offroad and I'd like to chase the sportsbikes which everybody keeps talking about!I need a new rear tyre, the dealer tells me you cant mix the tyres what do peeps think!!! John B :(

Tyred?

Hi JohnB
Have had Michelin T66's, Tourance and Trailwings.
Dry Weather - not much between T66 and Tourance - both brilliant
Wet Weather - I personally feel happier with the Tourance's over T66's - forget those bloody trailwings!
I have traded up to an 1150 shod with Trailwings and had forgotten how tense those Trailwings make me feel on a wet corner!
As for mixing - have never done it as I was told they will have different grip and give qualities - which I don't want to experience first hand..............

Search.....

.... do a quick search on this board & type Tyres for the old threads .... I think there was 1 called "which is the best". Many differing views.

Me? Tourance front & a T66 rear.... works for me.

Feeling tyred..... wheely tyred.....

Attachments

• nitrogs2.jpg
    nitrogs2.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:
Tourances. Accept no substitute. Excellent grip in all road conditions, whereas I found the T66's a bit squirrely in the wet.

Steve.

Steve:
Was that a bit "squirrely" in the wet, or "scurrelly"?
Simon E.

Satelite....

It was definitely a squirrely scurrell rather than a scurrelly squirrel......

Wasn't that the type of dish they gave you to receive BskyB?

Re: Satelite....

Hedgehog said:

Wasn't that the type of dish they gave you to receive BskyB?

Tim, Tim, Tim....

I'm very disappointed. No animated gifs of scurrells, squirrells or squaerials then?

Steve.:confused: :confused:

oh dear.....

A man goes to the doctors wearing only cellophane pants, the doctor says "I can clearly see your nuts."

The thing about squirrells/scurrells/squaerials is they're always after your nuts......

(hmm nuts, wheel nuts, wheels, TYRES - made it full circle!)

Attachments

• iran trip002.jpg
    iran trip002.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 296
tyres

So, has anyone just replaced the back with a tourance whilst keeping the trailwing on the front? is this a really bad and tight walletted way forward. John B (confused and broke!):confused:

tyres

John B

I've tried most of the tyres out there for the GS, with noticable differences seen between them. Historically mixing tyres was a no-no, however, these days with tyre technology it seems anything goes. For on-road use I've found that what works for me is Metz Enduro 4 on the front (grippy in wet and dry and sharper handling) and Tourance on the back. As the guys above had said, the Tourance really is the business, with a good combination of excellent grip and road life.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Simon T:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom