Destination Morocco

MarkN

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I know it's not as far as some people travel on here but I'm using my trip later this year to Morocco to try and raise a few pounds for CiCRA Crohns in Childhood Research Association.

My wife, Trudi, sadly passed away from Crohn’s Disease in August 2004 at the age of 37 after being first diagnosed with the disease at the age of 12 which makes the trip even more personal for me.

Crohn’s Disease is characterised by inflammation of one or more areas of the digestive tract, with normal areas of gut between, and can occur anywhere from the mouth to the anus but most commonly in the large and small intestine. This inflammation may lead to ulceration, abcesses and strictures in the bowel. Additionally, Oral Crohn’s affecting the mouth and lips is being seen frequently in children. There may also be inflammation of the joints, skin and eyes.

This condition is chronic (long lasting) and very debilitating.

Inflammatory Bowel Disease can appear at any time and does not discriminate. It can affect young or old, male or female, rich or poor and any race, colour or creed.

CICRA provide support for families with children with Crohn's Disease and also sponsors research at approved research centres into the causes of Crohn's.

At present there is no known cause or cure.

Every penny raised will be going to CICRA and I'll be meeting all of my own expenses for the trip.

To donate please visit http://www.justgiving.com/markninnim

Thanks for reading this.

All the best

Mark

All the best on your trip mark and i wish you well. Very sorry on your loss bud but good on ya for what your doing. Keep us posted on the ride and if your looking for people to join in give us a yell:thumb2

Sorry for your loss Mark. You're doing a good thing. All the best with it. Heading to Morocco myself in April ...

Giving this a little bump as I leave next Sunday.

My target has been beaten but I'd still like a little more please:aidan

Thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom