Off road ride at Baskerville

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbie c

Reaction score
so, who's doing the off road and what experience/bike will you be riding

we've been asked to plan a route :green gri:green gri

Rob

I dont mind doing some country lanes and dirt tracks but I wont be wanting to do some of the really muddy stuff that some of you guys on here do pure and simply cause I have never done it before and I dont want to ruin my bike, its all I have and I would be gutted if I wrecked it :eek: Be riding the 1150 btw so quite a big bike for me to ride off road, sorry if I am being bit of a girl but hey thats exactly what I am. I am certainly lookin forward to it all thats for sure :)

we'll look after you :aidan

there could be more than one route available

BTW the GS 1150 does falling over very well :D:D

ask Pumpy :augie:augie:augie:augie:augie:augie :potkettle

:hide

I don't remember ever dropping mine :eek::ymca

I have seen so many that have fallen over throughout this forum so know its nought to be embarrassed about but I just dont want to drop mine and spoil it, if we get to any large fords or puddles like this I will have to let a strong man take it through who is used to it. :D
In the short time that I had my 650 we went through some very large puddles more like ponds but managed that ok as that bike was so much lighter, I guess I ought to get some practice in before hand :rolleyes:
Ah well, I am sure I wont be the only newbee to this on this event....will I :confused:

that was my first ever off road ride, April '06, adv rider weekend

an awful lot of water has flowed over the cylinder heads since then:thedummy

ahhh I must be getting old, I can't remember how many times I've dropped the GS, it's a good job that I've got a girlie bike now (well, that's what I'm told)

:D:D:D:D:D:D

so, who's doing the off road and what experience/bike will you be riding

we've been asked to plan a route :green gri:green gri

Rob

I will be

G650 XChallenge with Knobblies/Moto X tyres

Skill Level - ok with most things offroad, previous experience in Trials and Rallys

I dont mind doing some country lanes and dirt tracks but I wont be wanting to do some of the really muddy stuff that some of you guys on here do pure and simply cause I have never done it before and I dont want to ruin my bike, its all I have and I would be gutted if I wrecked it :eek: Be riding the 1150 btw so quite a big bike for me to ride off road, sorry if I am being bit of a girl but hey thats exactly what I am. I am certainly lookin forward to it all thats for sure :)

I want to be in Lil Beemer's group....:eek:

I will be

G650 XChallenge with Knobblies/Moto X tyres

Skill Level - ok with most things offroad, previous experience in Trials and Rallys

Since it's such a great all-round bike I presume your riding it to Baskerville:augie

I have seen so many that have fallen over throughout this forum so know its nought to be embarrassed about but I just dont want to drop mine and spoil it, if we get to any large fords or puddles like this I will have to let a strong man take it through who is used to it. :D
In the short time that I had my 650 we went through some very large puddles more like ponds but managed that ok as that bike was so much lighter, I guess I ought to get some practice in before hand :rolleyes:
Ah well, I am sure I wont be the only newbee to this on this event....will I :confused:

Best practise with friends Little Beemer, certainly not on your own:)

Its good to know, was thinkin that everyone that went on these events were well experienced off-roaders and I would look a dumb ass by steering clear of anything too risky of damaging my bike :eek:

Last time there with Cynthias Dirty Weekend, the nice Lady offered help by way of teaching those that wanted/needed it bike handling tips on the campsite field (nice soft grass to fall on). She had us balancing our bikes by moving 360 degrees around the bike, riding slowly side saddle, kneeling on the saddle, transferring feet to opposite pegs :eek: and leaning out one handed with the bike at horrendouus angles all the time manouvering to avoid the tree in the middle and tents etc around the perimeter.:D I did this after going up and down the off road course at the rear of the Hotel :aidan Anyone fancy doing a similar tuition this time for keen students? :nenau:bow

Chris and I won't intentionally be going off road. Lots of nice roads locally.

Woohoo....you'll be in our gang....:clap

Jill and I might be up for some gentle off roading. Jill will go wherever it's pointed, but will most likely be on tourences. I'm just hopless at anything rutted or narrow (and after the weekent it seems I'm not so good on upward sloping junctiond either) :eek:

If the fording looks good we might do that instead :augie Then again we are not joined at the hip and Jill might want to do the opposit from m'sel :nenau

Err! who's leading the ford ride this year? Is the fabulas Fanum going to be about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom