Parking advice at east midlands airport?

Monsieur

Most respected and loved member
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Flying out next monday and returning 2 days later. Website says that bikes are £3 per day - where do i park and how does the ticket know I'm a bike and charge accordingly?

You know,i bloody begrudge paying for parking when on the bike.I bet you pay when you get back....if so,mount the curb and ride off!!:)

I recall once,parking in THE SHIRES carpark having gone around the barrier and parked.Got back to the bike and the security guy must've stuck the ticket and a note on the seat requesting i pay,so i had a quick look around and saw him coming so put on me helmet and pi55ed myself laughing as he tried to chase me through the multi storey carpark...!!:rob:rob:rob

There's a large paved area in the short stay car park, opposite the departure lounge main doors (near the pay statio and where the flagpoles are). I've left mine there for a week on a couple of occasions and not had any problems.

Thanks for the advice :thumb2

Rob - I'm travelling early afternoon - thanks for the offer though!

David - I'd seen bikes there before but wasn't sure if there was a dedicated bike parking area

There's a large paved area in the short stay car park, opposite the departure lounge main doors (near the pay statio and where the flagpoles are). I've left mine there for a week on a couple of occasions and not had any problems.

How do you go about paying - I've only ever travelled via car...do I collect a ticket at the barrier and then go to an office to pay?

How do you go about paying - I've only ever travelled via car...do I collect a ticket at the barrier and then go to an office to pay?

Yep get a ticket at barrier, don't loose it, then on your return pay at the window of the car park Hitlers shed, to get your ticket authorised, not the machines or you'll be charged at car rates. The authorised ticket will then open the barrier when you exit the car park

Or on your return you could just get on your bike and ride over three foot of pavement near the "flag pole bike park area" and ride away, if that takes your fancy :augie

So .....

Let me get this right .....

Monday, I will be off over to Donno for some spares ... :D

:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom