Commiserations to Possu

strobingred

Reaction score
It is with a heavy heart that I have found that Possu had managed to dislocate his shoulder when on his skiing holiday. Un:aidan

So not only did he miss the launch of the new 1200, he manages to injure himself.

You gotta smile.;)

Get well Steve and see you soon

strobingred

That's very kind of you, Clive, I'm sure Possu appreciates your sympathy. :thumb2

Just in case anybody is interested in further details - here's some photographic evidence of the injury... :augie

Dislocated:
247827615-M.jpg

Relocated:
247827169-M.jpg

Exterior view:
247827937-L.jpg

Btw, he's at work today - MEN... :rolleyes:

Ouch! That looks sore, look after him well, at his age that may take some time to heal:rob

Shep:thumb2

Ooops

... Misread the thread title, thought it was about the new 1200 launch: -

... 'Commission Rations' to Possu!

... That looks a bit tender Steve, you'd best let Ela carry your wallet for a while :aidan

... Two wheels are clearly a safer option than two planks of wood. Heal quick, heal well :thumb

Yes, get well soon.

If God had meant for us to ski, He'd have given us longer feet.

How much damage to ligaments, rotator cuff etc? Mate of mine dislocated his 3 years ago (at 5mph, on the sighting lap of the Dyfi rally!), then again skiing last year. Had an operation early this month to "tie knots in the ligaments" to hold his shoulder in place!
Hope yours holds better than his did Possu, make sure it heals properly before you push it too much!
Mark

Thanks for the sympathy, healling well but will take a few weeks.

The pain of putting the shoulder back in place exceeded the pain of dislocating it in the first place by a factor of at least 10 :tears :tears.

Had a CT & Ultrasound scans yesterday, all's well, no ligament damage, just a small break at the top of the arm bone. Was interesting watching the shoulder tendons move on the U/Sound screen when I moved my arm & hand.

I don't recommend Shep needing a CT scan, there was not that much clearance around my panther-like frame, he'd need greasing to squeeze him in....... :augie

Pumpy sent the x-ray pics to Sarah Teach last night, and she hastely showed them to me.
The break and dislocation gets a 9/10.
The bruise gets a 9.5/10 for colour content.
That will slow you down for a while Possu.
The skiing, it's too dangerous....:augie
GWS.
Timpo.

Pumpy sent the x-ray pics to Sarah Teach last night, and she hastely showed them to me.
The break and dislocation gets a 9/10.
The bruise gets a 9.5/10 for colour content.
That will slow you down for a while Possu.
The skiing, it's too dangerous....:augie
GWS.
Timpo.

I'd have thought that skiing appealed to you Timpo?

Just received an invoice in the post from the Austrian Red Cross for transporting me all of 1 mile from the lift. Total amount..............................

€150 call out fee plus €3.80 for the 2km travelled. :eek

This is on top of the €513 for wrestling my shoulder back in to place & €14 for meds.

Moral of this woeful tale - don't go abroad with decent holiday insurance. We use M&S as it provides decent biking cover & obviously winter sports.

....don't go abroad with decent holiday insurance.

Well, I won't go without... :p

Good that we have a shared policy, phew, but needless to say that Possu makes more use of it... :augie

I'd have thought that skiing appealed to you Timpo?

Erm....no!
Had a go snowboarding back in the 90's, didn't like it, but loved hooning around the frozen Alp's mountain roads in my 4x4 sierra.:eek:

How long will you be off the bikes for?

You and Loz, a right pair of bookends.:D

Timpo.

get back to work

you lightweight....aint going to sell any bikes staying at home... has alex sold 3 already today? and it`s not even 10.00 :D

That's going to play hell with your dancing mate. How are you going to wave the hankies and tie on yer bells with a shoulder like that??

:D

That's going to play hell with your dancing mate. How are you going to wave the hankies and tie on yer bells with a shoulder like that??

:D

I'll manage Mark, I even taught myself to tie my bootlaces one handed in Austria.

I'll manage Mark, I even taught myself to tie my bootlaces one handed in Austria.

I've just had this horrendous vision of Possu in lederhosen. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom