MapSource City Navigator 2008 Europe - AT LAST!

Rabbitson

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have just heard that City Navigator 2008 Europe has been released.

It's about $75 as an upgrade from v9. Unless you purchased your unit after 1st Dec 2007, then you are entitled to it for free.

It's about $75 as an upgrade from v9. Unless you purchased your unit after 1st Dec 2007, then you are entitled to it for free.

To order an upgrade you need to be registered. If you haven't done that yet remember the the date you bought your unit is whatever date you enter when you register. It was the easy way to save $75 when I updated to V9. Shame I can't do it again!!

Checked on Garmin's website, they want $129.99 USD, for the update, no mention of it being free..

To order an upgrade you need to be registered. If you haven't done that yet remember the the date you bought your unit is whatever date you enter when you register. It was the easy way to save $75 when I updated to V9. Shame I can't do it again!!

That WAS my understanding............is it not now the case that an unregistered device can be registered and then qualify for a free 9-10 upgrade......naughty, I know.

Vireo

I registered my Zumo in March 2007, should I get a free upgrade then..?

I have just tried to order the MapSource City Navigator 2008 Europe update. Could not get the garmin site in USA to accept order on-line.

I then rang Garmin support in the UK.

I was told that the update will not be available for a few weeks more as they (Garmin) are having teething problems with the update. I was then told to try and order the update in a few weeks when they hope to have it sorted.:(

Anyone else get this information ? :confused:

I registered my Zumo in March 2007, should I get a free upgrade then..?

Nope, afraid not, only if you've registered it after 1st Dec 2007 (presumably to keep those who just bought CN v9 happy)

David

The Garmin website is only showing the NT version of CN 2008.

Non-NT still lists v9.

Greg

Going into the Garmin website via "My Garmin", and checking for updates to a registered unit leads me to:
"Mapsource update City Navigator Europe 2008",
for my 2610, which was bought secondhand, but registered to me in January.
No mention of cost at all during the ordering process.

Maybe I was lucky?

Going into the Garmin website via "My Garmin", and checking for updates to a registered unit leads me to:
"Mapsource update City Navigator Europe 2008", for my 2610, which was bought secondhand, but registered to me in January. No mention of cost at all during the ordering process. Maybe I was lucky?
Had the previous owner registered it? :nenau

Why do you need 2008? What's wrong with the current one?

:nenau

Will I need two?

"Mapsource update City Navigator Europe 2008",
for my 2610, which was bought secondhand, but registered to me in January.
No mention of cost at all during the ordering process.

Maybe I was lucky?

You need the non-NT version!

Greg

Why do you need 2008? What's wrong with the current one? :nenau Will I need two?
There's nothing "wrong" with what you've got, but it depends what mapping you're using now I suppose. If you've got V9 perhaps some people won't see the point in getting V10, but in my case for example I'm still on V7 :eek so there will soon be 3 upgrades from my current mapping. Eg when I took the bike to Brugge and Amsterdam last year, I only came across 2 roads which had been built since V7 and although it didn't create a problem, I feel that I should now get the latest version before going touring in Europe this Summer. :thumb2

As far as I can tell it is the non NT version that's now on offer.
Up until a few of days ago, there were no updates listed for my unit.

Confirmation email states:
MapSource Product: City Navigator Europe 2008 Deluxe DVD
Version #: 2008
Release Date: Dec 1, 2007

Update Details:

* This update is for the StreetPilot® 2620/2660 and previous versions of City Select® and City Navigator®

Registration of the unit to me last month went ok, so it would appear it hadn't already been registered online.

Product detail says "Update fee of $75.00 plus VAT (where applicable) may apply"

They haven't asked for money yet, though!

Going through Spain this year, I found V8 was a PITA... Didn't know about many of the one-way's... routes in the Cities sucked, Many of the POI's were out of date... it was really disruptive trying to get someplace in the city...

Apparently V9 has "full mapping for Spain"...so I'm looking to upgrade to V10.... errr 2008.

Al...

There seem to be lots of new roads. I find them everytime I go any distance.
But its not really a major problem as the map shows where you are and recalculates when you get back on the old track
I have a 2610 BTW

Back
Top Bottom