What GPS as a Mac user?

garmin do have a beta program on their site that runs mapsource (or something like it) in os x. it's called bobcat.

there was a thread on here not long ago, try a search.

Switched to a Mac last July and had to use a Windows Emulator to handle the Zumo.

Currently using Bobcat directly but as has been said it's a Beta release which means it still does not have full functionality.

Would stick with Garmin however, at least they are working on a Mac solution.

TomTom Mac support

TomTom provide Mac specific software. My GO910 and iMac G5 work fine together. I guess the same applies to their bike GPS?

I've just downloaded the owner's manual for the new "Colorado" from the Garmin website. There is a statement which says "It is also not compatible with Mac OS 10.3 or earlier", which to me implies compatibility with OS 10.4 onwards. This unit uses SD cards (which for me would be a major plus) and it seems that to upload maps, there is a simple "drag and drop" facility. I want to see one in the flesh, since so far it ticks all the right boxes.

Garmin on a MAC

Hi guys , just upgraded to a mac mini to run 10.5 os x , main reason to use map programs , I have not gone over to the Dark side yet ( bootcamp for to use a PC ) but i need to get a copy of windows , where is the cheapest to get such a thing and what version do i need to run Mapsource

thanks

Tomtom works fine with a Mac, just download the Mac version of Tomtom Home connect your device and you're done, has same functionality as the Windows version.

Nigel

Back
Top Bottom