PDA

View Full Version : fog lights

Biker-Kitty
06-02-08, 22:11
which would be best for 07 650gs?

and where to get them, i think touratech is too expensive but something like that.

any ideas welcome and thank in advance.

santrix
06-02-08, 22:48
Go to www.f650.co.uk forums and search for 'aux lights on a budget'. Lots of ideas on there.

Personally i got 2 PIAA100 35w lamps from the states for 35 quid including postage... cant go wrong there matey. From a place called blinglights, sounds crap but i know lots of folks who have had good service from there...

oblertone
06-02-08, 22:53
... is not the lights but fitting them to the F650GS. There are VERY few suppliers of light bars, I ended up making one from a plain strip of alloy which works very well and has passed a couple of MoT's :rob

VAL. H.
06-02-08, 23:14
which would be best for 07 650gs?

and where to get them, i think touratech is too expensive but something like that.

any ideas welcome and thank in advance.

www.blinglights.com (http://www.blinglights.com) good prices and quick delivery.

Have a look for PIAA 002 driving lights (driving lights come on with high beam, fog lights come on with low beam) they come with all the wiring and switch etc in the box.

I fitted two pairs to Jills 650 just waiting for the light bar now.

I've been watching HELLA Micro DEs on eBay 61.00 including postage. Even found them for 49.15 posted to the door (though these have 24 volt bulbs)

If you want to fit lights to use with your low beam, fit them with 35 watt bulbs, otherwise you risk over stressing the battery. You could fit high output LEDs for day time visibility. Low beam/day time lights fitted just under or over the indicators will effectively hide them from view :( Putting your high beam driving lights near the indicators won't be an issue for obvious reasons.

There are a few companies doing light bars. This one look quite good www.ezymount.com. As Sandtrix says look on the 650 sight and then link accross to the Chain gang site. Look for Aux lights in their FAQ section.

Hope this helps.

VAL. H.
06-02-08, 23:27
... is not the lights but fitting them to the F650GS. There are VERY few suppliers of light bars, I ended up making one from a plain strip of alloy which works very well and has passed a couple of MoT's :rob

Slightly off topic Paul. Just looking at your picture, have you got the horse shoe on the outside of your screen? or do my eye deceive me :augie

Nice lights BTW. How would you rate them?

oblertone
06-02-08, 23:30
have you got the horse shoe on the outside of your screen?

... bike and has been taken apart a few times; where else is the 'horseshoe' supposed to go ? I'm not even sure if it's still there !!

VAL. H.
06-02-08, 23:54
... bike and has been taken apart a few times; where else is the 'horseshoe' supposed to go ? I'm not even sure if it's still there !!

It's meant to be under the screen to raise it a bit. I thought the bike looked familiar. It's probably a trick of the light and just looks like it on top instead for being underneath. I've never noticed it before on jaq's bike so I guess its my eyes, oh me eyes :eek:

brassmonkey001
07-02-08, 07:11
Slightly off topic Paul. Just looking at your picture, have you got the horse shoe on the outside of your screen? or do my eye deceive me :augie

I thought exactly the same. I'm surprised the holes line up doing it that way.

Biker-Kitty
07-02-08, 12:29
cheers everyone, will look at 650 site and other site,

thank you.