Hein Gericke, any good?

Bonzo

Reaction score
Im after some new troosers. The Hein Gericke range looks good and cheap enough, so Ive ordered a catalogue.

Anybody rate their stuff?

Cheers

Bonz

Wulfsport road suits

Have a look at this stuff - I have the trousers. Cost me £75 from Lucas Motorcycles in Ross on Wye.

I like them - zip out liner means you can wear them all year. Great for trips into the Alps.

Hein Gericke gear is fine - I find that most of their stuff does not fit me. I'm quite short and if I try something on that fits my fat wiast/chest then the legs/arms are too long.

Perhaps I should eat a few more rare steaks and get one of those tapeworms.

I have a Devon jacket and a pair of their trousers with the front ankle zips.
Both have zip in/out quilted lining and are waterproof. Last few days have been proof to that. This morning at 0 degrees just popped some long johns on for my up to 100mph daily blast down the M40 didn't get cold despite what ever the wind chill factor must have been. Bloody good value.

notadrop

I've been looking at the HG Devon suit (amongst others) and was put off by the zip vents on the front. I've got a Frank Thomas jacket with similar vents that let the water in during heavy downpours. Do I take it your recent rides in torrential rain have proven that not to be the case with the Devon?

Cheers

Adam

Thanks

Cheers for your input guys. Ive had a look around the site and HG seems to have a good general rating. Looks like thats where my moneys gonna go. Wish their website was a little better though.

Also just heard that Frank Thomas are having a 50% off sale on this weekend (at least they are in the Isle of Man) Theyve got (amongst other things) Aqua Combat Trousers at £64.99 from £129.99. Might be worth a gander.

Its like anything. Id love a top set of Rukka or whatever, but money talks eh.

Thanks again.

:beerjug:

adamski49 said:
notadrop

I've been looking at the HG Devon suit (amongst others) and was put off by the zip vents on the front. I've got a Frank Thomas jacket with similar vents that let the water in during heavy downpours. Do I take it your recent rides in torrential rain have proven that not to be the case with the Devon?

Cheers

Adam

Yes............... that surprised me as well - I thought it would be a weak spot...but not even a hint of dampness! Just looked and the zips are faced with a rubber strip on each half that butt up to each other tightly enough to keep water out when the zip is closed.
Cheers
Paul

Back
Top Bottom